Lord Stanley's tournament

Vegas is a big, fast, well coached team with plenty of game. Pick plays all over the ice and probably the favourites to win it all.. Canucks held their own thanks mostly due to Demko but their passive defensive style is tough to watch. Give the Canucks credit though they held in there and pleased they pulled this one off.
Playing with house money but still I think they need more from Pearson, Virtanen, Beagle and Sutter. Fearless Stetcher had a great game along with BB6 and Miller. Hope too keep it going.

Vegas is a big, fast, well coached team with plenty of game. Pick plays all over the ice and probably the favourites to win it all.. Canucks held their own thanks mostly due to Demko but their passive defensive style is tough to watch. Give the Canucks credit though they held in there and pleased they pulled this one off.
Playing with house money but still I think they need more from Pearson, Virtanen, Beagle and Sutter. Fearless Stetcher had a great game along with BB6 and Miller. Hope too keep it going.

Good eye on the pick plays. regular season they would all be penalties. it’s driving me nuts. and they aren’t subtle either. super blatant.

having said that they are the superior team and canucks ya e to figure out a way to score 5v 5 and break out cleaner than they are

Great team win with outstanding goaltending. Don't get the fact (even though it's a unique playoff format ) that we play a 6:00 pm back to back while Philly and the Islanders playing game 7 get to play Saturday. What gives?
Would be an interesting decision if Markstrom is good to go but unlikely with groin injuries. Tough on goalies back to back.

Great team win with outstanding goaltending. Don't get the fact (even though it's a unique playoff format ) that we play a 6:00 pm back to back while Philly and the Islanders playing game 7 get to play Saturday. What gives?
Would be an interesting decision if Markstrom is good to go but unlikely with groin injuries. Tough on goalies back to back.
They were trying to get the east teams to edmonton because all games will now be at edmonton. But yeah it sucks. Would have been nice to give an extra day. Let’s Go Canucks! Unbelievable series so far

The Canucks really are playing with house money like Drink wrote.

Regardless of what happens next doesn’t dampen my optimism for this team’s future. A couple of bad contracts are their only fly in the ointment

I think the Canucks have got inside the Knights' heads and have the edge going into game 7, although fatigue is an issue for the youngsters. Telling moment last night when they got the empty netter.

1. Sutter takes the great breakout pass and moves it up ice. Could have shot himself but the D is almost on him. Passes to Horvat for the goal. Tells you how focused they are. 5 minutes to go and up 3-0. Could just flip it toward the net and head off for shift change, but no. As well as displaying the lack of ego we are all coming to like about this team, it also shows they don't take their foot off the gas, ever. Make the pass so they get that extra goal. Make sure of it, don't leave it to chance. Finish every move. This is stuff coaches talk about all the time, but this team is living it. Going after every opportunity they see, 100%. This is how great playoff teams win.

2. After that empty netter, Lehner goes back in net. That is as close to a white flag of surrender as you will see in pro sports. VGK were just skating around after that.

VAN have the momentum and a real mental edge going into tonight's decider. Fatigue erodes some of that edge, VGK are a bit older overall and have more of the endurance mentality and conditioning. Nonetheless I think this is a huge open door for the Canucks. Vegas are questioning themselves in a very big way right now, they've thrown it all at these kids and they've still lost two in a row. They're experiencing the 2018 playoffs from the other side: they know how to be the young upstarts with nothing to lose, but being the odds on favorite with lots to lose and expectations to win? They're sitting in the proverbial room full of mirrors today and not liking what they see.

Psychological battle tonight will be just as entertaining as the physical one. Travis Green was defiantly adamant going into game 5 that the Canucks would win. There is a powerful believe culture in that locker room. Too bad Boston went out, was really hoping we'd meet them in the final and avenge 2011.

The Knights are very easy to hate. some of the things they are saying on social media is nauseating. they are calling Petey “ little squirt” and Hughes “ the water boy” Reaves is standing on his bench clucking like a chicken the entire time. they are saying we are gonna step on their necks and end this tonite. when virtanen got nailed last night the entire bench was cheering and chirping and saying you get what you deserve etc.

well sad to say the squirt and the water boy are kicking your butt vegas!

Optically and statistically Vegas is the far superior team. if they could just channel their efforts towards playing hockey and not chirping at the opposing bench, they probably would have beaten the Canucks in five or six.

but the canucks are special this year. no quit in these guys and they are determined. i fear they are riding their goalies too hard and they are gassed. they probably blew Markstroms groin apart playing him too much. if they pull it off they have to play either dallas or colorado right away. no rest. still i’d love to see them send this group packing and i wanna see
“ The chicken whisperers” ( Reaves ) face silenced during the final handshake!

The Knights are very easy to hate. some of the things they are saying on social media is nauseating. they are calling Petey “ little squirt” and Hughes “ the water boy” Reaves is standing on his bench clucking like a chicken the entire time. they are saying we are gonna step on their necks and end this tonite. when virtanen got nailed last night the entire bench was cheering and chirping and saying you get what you deserve etc.

Optically and statistically Vegas is the far superior team. if they could just channel their efforts towards playing hockey and not chirping at the opposing bench, they probably would have beaten the Canucks in five or six.

but the canucks are special this year. no quit in these guys and they are determined. i fear they are riding their goalies too hard and they are gassed. they probably blew Markstroms groin apart playing him too much. if they pull it off they have to play either dallas or colorado right away. no rest. still i’d love to see them send this group packing and i wanna see
I so agree with you about how easy it is to dislike the Knights.

Vegas threw a lot of rubber at Demko these last two games, but there were few real scoring chances. The Canucks pushed the Knights outside constantly and left little for them to work with. Tonight, do more of the same. No fancy stuff in your own zone, force them out wide and keep pressure on the puck. Demko will focus on rebound control. Simple game plan and they have the talent to exploit the mistakes when they come.

Who is ‘they’ calling the Nucks names on social media? Players or fans?

Back