looking to buy an Airmar P66 in the lower Mainland

If you can afford it, get the best transducer your unit can handle. If you want to see bait, buy a P66, if you want to see Chinooks and decide whether you should keep trolling or turn around for another pass, spend more.

I have a brand new P66 in the box for Lowrance that I didn't end up using. PM me

If you can afford it, get the best transducer your unit can handle. If you want to see bait, buy a P66, if you want to see Chinooks and decide whether you should keep trolling or turn around for another pass, spend more.

If you had a choice on what transducer to get on an HDS unit, what one would you get to have the best picture.

Ah. Well if it has CHIRP, then get an expensive chirp transducer. The 260 is standard fare on the East Coast of this continent. 1kw- 50-200 at a minimum. broadband of course.

Water conditions such as clarity, turbidity, etc all make a big difference.

Think of it this way, you buy a car based in the driving that you do. Don't expect Ferrari performance out of a Pinto. likewise, don't put a Ferrari Engine in a Pinto and Expect Ferrari Performance.

Once you go big power, you will never go back.

Ah. Well if it has CHIRP, then get an expensive chirp transducer. The 260 is standard fare on the East Coast of this continent. 1kw- 50-200 at a minimum. broadband of course.

Water conditions such as clarity, turbidity, etc all make a big difference.

Think of it this way, you buy a car based in the driving that you do. Don't expect Ferrari performance out of a Pinto. likewise, don't put a Ferrari Engine in a Pinto and Expect Ferrari Performance.

Once you go big power, you will never go back.
I have the 260 and if I was to do again I would go with the ss264w pairs, the 200khz on the 260 is a real narrow beam (6*) and is good for spotting prawns, really only shows high def directly under boat,
in 100' of water your only seeing 11' of bottom, in 50' its half that, like I say its really only good for spotting prawns lol,

Back