LOOKING FOR CAMPING WITH A DOCK IN QUATSINO

Dbastock

Anybody know of anywhere in quatsino sound where a guy could boat to out of port alice and camp for a couple nights? Looking for something with a dock and a campsite in june/july... I know winter harbour has both but looking for something a little closer to port alice.

Thanks

Dave

i heard of a community development the south side of the sound .around kewquodie creek .seviceable by water ,and places for sale.I don't know exacty where it is or what the township is called .heard its the new beginings of a salmon beach.

Anybody know of anywhere in quatsino sound where a guy could boat to out of port alice and camp for a couple nights? Looking for something with a dock and a campsite in june/july... I know winter harbour has both but looking for something a little closer to port alice.

Thanks

Dave
I would suggest Winter Harbour Lodge. We have gone there numerous times and it has been a great base for us. Dock is good, camping is ok but talking to everyone each day will help you learn where the fish are. Only shortcoming is that it is a longer ride for the camper out the logging road from Port Hardy but again I think it is worth it. Nice to have store there for things you need to.

I've been to winter harbour on many trips and love it out there but looking for something in around coal harbour. What we'd like to do is boat to a site and unload/set up a wall tent and fish the inside around marble river/koprino/mahatta etc...

Dave

I've been to winter harbour on many trips and love it out there but looking for something in around coal harbour. What we'd like to do is boat to a site and unload/set up a wall tent and fish the inside around marble river/koprino/mahatta etc...

Dave
Did the wall tent thing in QC years ago. That trip was awesome. I'll never forget it. Wish I could help. Try searching the kayaking sites. If its anything like esperenza down island there might be a few spots?

Did the wall tent thing in QC years ago. That trip was awesome. I'll never forget it. Wish I could help. Try searching the kayaking sites. If its anything like esperenza down island there might be a few spots?
Where did you tent in the QC? Back of Rennel Sound?

O ya...... Just down past the beach camp ground. There is a little road to the left, takes you down to where the creek mouth. O boy.... Did it on a pink year. The mouth had thousands of fish. At night the crazy hide tide would come bring the fish and seals. Next to the camp fire seals hitting fish right beside us. Fished shield....springs. Conehead tuna and Indians head for hali. Every afternoon would deer hunt.
You don't get that experience at the resorts.

You could camp right at Koprino. I have seen others camping there and being creative with anchor systems with their boats. That being said Mahatta camp is another possibility. I would make a call to the logging companies in advance and maybe they would let you tie to their docks. I have camped a few times on islands for a few days using my clothesline anchor system. Its all there. Might be a little early for any decent inside fishing in my opinion.

Is there a launch at Mahatta? Could a guy tow a travel trailer there? Looks like a super scenic out of the way place to camp!

I've towed a travel trailer into mahatta before and hope to never ever do it again lol. Went hunting there a couple yeas ago and it was about 2.5-3.5 hrs gravel towing a 23 ft travel trailer. I don't recall there being a launch there but there was definitely a dock. Looks like we'll likely be mooring or running back to coal or winter harbour.

Back