Looking for an 18 to 20 foot boat

I agree that with the 150 motor it would move. If the motors were new then I would agree that I'm just paying for the motors but that's not the case. The main motor is 11 years old with few hours (but still 11 years old) and the kicker is 13 years old with no known hours.

Way to much with no kicker and old yamaha. Beware of the unknown hours. I have the sleeper seat and one swivel its not that bad. At 20k your going to be looking at 90's hulls..

Thanks for you input and I agree that the main motor is old and the kicker is even older.

It appears that the scupper flappers are being removed or installed only on with one screw and all sitting offset,
maybe he was cleaning out the deck drains
good catch! I see what you mean. They are pivoted on one screw. Maybe so they drain easier

FWIW the older Trophy hulls like the one in the link to Vancouver craigslist are a better fishing platform IMHO. The more recent hulls have the hel mounted bang on midships which gives a lovely plush ride but cramps the aft dance floor. I do realise that our west coast salmon trolling obsession means we spend most our time aft and as a result we may have a bit of a fixation with aft deck space, but that's the way it is. The earlier Trophy hulls had the helm more forward which of course makes for more space for setting gear and playing and landing fish. There are of course plenty of other designs with cabin forward and those too are a better choice for the way we fish out here.

be very carefull with the older trophy hulls, I'm not sure what year they fixed their issues but many older ones had stringers come apart from the hull. they were not built to take a pounding to say the least. i'm thinking that was back in the 80's and 90's though. a friend had bought a new 23' trophy in the late 80's, when they pulled the boat outta the water at the end of the season the hull sagged like a banana, most stringers had separated, only way he got recourse was to trade it in on another bayliner, which he did, a 21' he sold it a few years later. personally, I don't do bayliners period.

Just letting you know that I have purchased my first boat! I picked up this 2003 Malibu 182 yesterday on the island. It's got everything I was looking for and is ready for fishing. Gotta get everything setup and ready today so I can be trolling the waters west of the Lions Gate bridge tomorrow.

Thanks for everyone's input on this.

Mike

Boat.jpgBoat and Motors.jpgInterior.jpgCuddy.jpgSki pole.jpgMotors.jpg

I tried to buy that boat when it was for sale last time the guy you got it from beat me to it. Looks clean. Enjoy

If u got that boat for 22k that's a good deal with those 2 four strokes hanging on the stern

Back