looking for a project

frango

I'm looking for a 21-24 Glasply to gut and start from scratch.I would even take one that is running if the price was right.Hoping to pod it.Condition of engine/ leg is not important.

Ha! Just can't get away from Glasply eh Frango.
Check out glasply.net

Ya ,I quess once you have had the best??.I have checked out glasply.net.I'm hoping someone has one in their backyard getting moldy.I had a couple of close calls offshore this summer in my Malibu.I need to go bigger but trailerable.My son is a contractor but is a shipwright by trade.So we are going partners in the boat.

Good luck in your search. They are around.
Stop by and check out your old girl next time in the bay. She's lookin good.

Frago, I know what you mean I've got a 23 ft Glasply. I have a friend who has a 19 ft for sale, he lives on Whitbey Island and comes up here to BC at least 4 times a year. It sounds like you're looking for one a little bigger but if a 19 footer tickles your fancy let me know.

Frago, I know what you mean I've got a 23 ft Glasply. I have a friend who has a 19 ft for sale, he lives on Whitbey Island and comes up here to BC at least 4 times a year. It sounds like you're looking for one a little bigger but if a 19 footer tickles your fancy let me know.

Frango

I have one that I want to get rid of, but I believe it is a 19'. Let me know if you are interested. It has no power and was a project for me but I bought another boat so my wife says a couple of boats have to go. The Glassply is one.

Cheers

Frango

I have one that I want to get rid of, but I believe it is a 19'. Let me know if you are interested. It has no power and was a project for me but I bought another boat so my wife says a couple of boats have to go. The Glassply is one.

Cheers

Thanks all but I have decided it must be a 23 or 24..
Knucklebuster/I was in cow bay today and saw Zilla ,the boat looks great.There is a 24 foot Glasply a couple of docks over from you for sale.It has a green(if you can beleave it) bottom.I was just wondering if you know any history on the boat??

That boat belongs to Bo from Bos Boatworks. Its been there for a while.Supposedly its had major interior rebuilding. Only thing I think he wants like $20,000 or something. Maybe give him a call and see what his bottom line is.

Thanks knucklebuster.I have phoned him he is asking $12,000 .I was just hoping you new the history?.Its in pretty good shape for a 71 but a bit more than I want to pay as I hope to pod the boat with a 225 yamaha or something?.So getting one cheap is important or it is just not $ sense.

quote:Originally posted by frango

Thanks knucklebuster.I have phoned him he is asking $12,000 .I was just hoping you new the history?.Its in pretty good shape for a 71 but a bit more than I want to pay as I hope to pod the boat with a 225 yamaha or something?.So getting one cheap is important or it is just not $ sense.
I'm keeping an eye out for a deal. I'll let you know if I see one. I still think you should keep an eye on glasply.net. Those guys constantly post glasplys for sale

Back