Looking for a little extra performance.

hey dave I have a 4 blade I think its 15x17 you can try out before I put it on my boat if you wish

Actually its a 15 x 18 with hub will fit your leg sb able to change it right in the marina but i'm not going in the water lol

Once I get free from work for a bit, I gotta get down and pull the boat and clean the bottom up, I as down a few hundred rpm my one time out this winter. I suspect it's growth from sitting in the marina since end of September. After that I would like to start messing with the prop. Just need to make sure it's running as it should and always has before I start changing things. If the prop isn't on your boat come early April, I may have to take you up on that offer. Thanks

Dave, after you clean up the bottom and check your prop...check your timing...timing 3-4 degrees out will make a BIG difference and turn a boat into a slug.

cam? bigger carb? or injectors and fuel pump? different intake manifold? and yes proper timing!!!

My distributor and cap went start of last summer and M&P mercury Set the timing then. The boat ran a lot better after that.

My distributor and cap went start of last summer and M&P mercury Set the timing then. The boat ran a lot better after that.

hi bud well i would recommend getting the mech or someone out one the water with you and running the boat up and setting the timing
had an old race car/boat /plane guy do it it for me on my old zeta with a 351 and he found me 1500 rpm more out on the water
as the boat mech who set it static boat out it would only get to 2500 rpm

as you may find timing could be out a few degree espically after a cap and contact/points change

dmurph, did you ever find a better prop for your 2359. I have the same boat 350 MPI with Alpha I leg and am looking for some SS Prop options.
TNR

dmurph, did you ever find a better prop for your 2359. I have the same boat 350 MPI with Alpha I leg and am looking for some SS Prop options.
TNR

I’m running a 4 blade aluminum prop and it was a big improvement. It’s a turning point 15x15 fairly cheap prop, it bends real easy if you hit something though they offer the same prop in stainless. I also put a fin on the leg which helped a bit more

I’m also running a 350 mpi and alpha 1. Stern lift and getting on plane was really improved but best of all I can cruise at a slower speed without falling off step, good for rough conditions

Yes that's good to know. I have tried the Merc Spitfire 4 bladed 14 x 17 P aluminum which improved my hole shot but did not improve my lower cruise speed. I'll check out the Turning Point 15x15 and see how it performs. What type of fin did you try.

Thanks,

Brent

Yes that's good to know. I have tried the Merc Spitfire 4 bladed 14 x 17 P aluminum which improved my hole shot but did not improve my lower cruise speed. I'll check out the Turning Point 15x15 and see how it performs. What type of fin did you try.

Thanks,

Brent
On my old bayliner I switched to an enertia 4 blade and drastically improved hole shot and lower cruise speed while on step. Just overall more responsive with only a marginal drop in top speed.

On my old bayliner I switched to an enertia 4 blade and drastically improved hole shot and lower cruise speed while on step. Just overall more responsive with only a marginal drop in top speed.
There isn't such a thing as an enertia 4 blade. Was it a revolution 4?

Been through the I/O life before. The only fix for a 5.7 in this boat is putting a Bravo3 leg on. Best to get more HP with a bigger motor/Bravo3 package IMO.

Yep, I agree, know where I can get a good deal on a complete used Bravo 3 swap for my boat?

Depends on the hp and the prop, mine is 300hp. I have tons of gear on my boat, fishing and stuff to camp out for few nights with the family, have a 15ho kicker and huge Costco cooler filled with ice on the swim grid. I get up on plane quick and easy and cruise at 25 to 28 mph. Mind you, sure a B3 drive and more hp would be awesome, but proofing the alpha will definitely help significantly

I would strongly suggest installing a vacuum gauge before making any changes. You will be able to see first hand how your adjustments are doing and make concessions for conditions as well . I have a heavy deep V boat with an MPI 5.7l and a bravo three set up, I burn 5-7 gallons an hr depending on conditions at 25-27 mph @3200rpm. I took a while to get it to be where it is . I was running a gen 2 Alpha before and the fuel consumption was a bit more some times but I was able to run at pretty much the same speed and rpm just was running with a couple inches less vacuum

Back