Loggers Derby

Sounds like it was slow for a lot of us. Only two rockfish in the boat for us. Lots of Crab and Prawns to bring home for the freezer. Glad I took some traps with me :) Will be taking your advise for the Next trip Felix.

Ha ha ha To funny Jeff. You said you had a boat load of pukers but I didn't think it would be you. Must of been something you ate!!
Tough fishing for sure. A couple of twelve pounders on Sat. and one Sunday morning. Couple of nice Hali's and a fifteen pound spring yesterday. Time to take a couple days off and give the liver a rest. Always a fun weekend.

Slow for us too,thought it was going to be good.Pulled up to kirby saturday morning and had the gear down for five minutes and landed one about 5 pounds,trolled around for another 2 hours and nothing.Headed down to diplock and same thing,5 minutes in we had a good one on at 123 feet but after a few good runs it was gone.Saturday night sleeping in the boat we froze our asses off at poets nook,never had to scrape the inside and outside of the windows or drive through a layer of ice at the nook before.One more small one at kirby on sunday and that was it for us

Good times again this year!
DoF had the only fish on our boat at 16lbs... but prawning was good.
Fishing is really secondary at this derby... Thanks Jeff, Jodi, and the crew at Mills for the good times.
The **** show at the fire pit on Friday, and the food on Saturday were definetely the highlights of the trip.
Can't wait till next year.
BT

Friday night was epic! lol! BTW - thanks for saving me some food Osama... I ate it all! I will definitely be coming back to mills landing.

Dan, here is your fish and the haul of prawns from saturday.

16 lbs
IMG_0005.jpg

+- 400 Prawns
IMG_0004.jpg

What a weekend, managed to place first and second, the second time placing top 2 in the past 3 derbies, we have hit a 20 pound fish three years in a row, 4th last year. Horse shoes up our butt. All caught just off bottom, blue/silver coyote 3.5 in. (majic bend). Nice to meet a new few, Fog Ducker (Felix) thanks for the posting help, hopefully I figured it out.
http://

Nice

Good work guy's , You boys are gettin good at this , Matt's impressed the $hit outta me , definately one of East End's top rods (Poett Nook )

Yes a definate blast , fishing did turn unfortunately , the sytem that moved through definately impacted the numbers , right place , right time , was the moto , but , the weather was pretty damn nice , there were alot of entries ,A Success indeed ,

sounds like Nish's group Performed in fine fashion as usual , ....buggers never even made er over to the Weigh-In...lmao...ughhhh

The thing that I really remember, the smiles on Everybody's face at the Nook Weigh In on Sunday , all walked outta ther with somthing in there hands ,
was really nice to see such a large group get together and just have a great time ,the most awesomist back yard in the f'n world

, Thanks to both Nadine and Paul , our caretakers over at the Nook , for going above and beyond there call of duty , and makin everyones weekend that much more enjoyable : )

Last , I always forget your name , I know you read our posts , Thanks to the man that makes this all happen ,and the Loggers for putting this all together , AGAIN !!!
we all really appreciate it...

cheers
FD

Finally got the photos loaded. Thanks for the advice guys. hope these work.
DSC_0255.jpg
[/IMG]
DSC_0285.jpg
[/IMG]
DSC_0283.jpg
[/IMG]
DSC_0331.jpg
[/IMG]

Good Times.

Damn that is some nice looking weather you all had! Next year I want to get in on this derby, and if I can't catch a fish maybe I could catch a cold - lol.

Back