Lines in the ocean

7Deuce

When traveling in a float plane yesterday between Vancouver and Nanaimo, I noticed very distinctive colour transitions in the water. I've noticed this before and I have several theories but does anyone know what causes this?

uploadfromtaptalk1407431513079.jpg

I see that all the times while flying in a small plane since a few decades.....fraser river meets with saltwater...discharge on the top of surface

Fresh water is less dense than salt water so it floats on top.You'll see this type of thing anywhere a significant river
system enters the ocean.

Thanks everyone. I thought it was the salt/fresh density issue but was asked and wasn't exactly sure. I guess it's only on the surface so not really worth fishing the edge?

You should have seen the brilliant red streaks in water off Tofino last week. Looked like someone took a giant can of red spray paint and made huge nike swooshes on the water here and there. Didn't take a picture, but kinda looked cool and ominous at the same time.

You will see this on the ferry ride from Tsawwassen to Duke Pt. I told the kids its where the dirty American water meets the clean Canadian water....They totally bought it!

You will see this on the ferry ride from Tsawwassen to Duke Pt. I told the kids its where the dirty American water meets the clean Canadian water....They totally bought it!

Good one.... I was thinking about telling people it was from the tailing pit breach :)

Well I'm glad it's not that.. Too bad it's not pushing Salmon toward the Island. I've been getting skunked out there!

Actually its residue from the chem trails that the USAF is dropping on us so that our brains turn to mush . (I think i saw it on Faux News-- so it must be true!)

Back