Lexan windscreen

MikePA

I'm having a new front window/windscreen made for my Campion 542 out of lexan to replace the existing vinyl one that is getting hard to see out of after some improper storage and abuse. Any tips/recommendations I should request from the builder?

If you have a 542 you must be replacing the raised section above the glass windshield that connects to your soft top? It won't be replaced with Lexan that is a solid material,it should be eisenglass.It comes in various thickness,that's the first decision.The thicker material doesn't roll up or fold easily but stands up and lasts longer.If you leave it up all the time thicker is probably what you want.

Last edited:
If you have a 542 you must be replacing the raised section above the glass windshield that connects to your soft top? It won't be replaced with Lexan that is a solid material,it should be Iesenglass.It comes in various thickness,that's the first decision.The thicker material doesn't roll up or fold easily but stands up and lasts longer.If you leave it up all the time thicker is probably what you want.
Yes that's the section i'm talking about. I was going to replace it with eisenglass but wanted something more optically pure so he showed me a version with fairly thin, yet flexible lexan that he could make a window from.

This is a 3m (approx 2mm quiet ridged) product done by "Under Cover Canvas" in Metchosin. It is heat and adhesive sandwiched between the canvas. going on 6yrs now no fading or yellowing. A couple of spots on the seam blistered but clamped it tight again.(Moored 6month + a year)20181015_142151.jpg Best Regards 20181015_142141.jpg

Back