Legend boats

kitman

Is these legend boat any good? I'm think about this or Tahoe t16 bowrider, I have family of 4 like to fishing , mostly just cruising in inlet or ocean near shore.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210513-005312_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210513-005312_Samsung Internet.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 52
I had one, but upgraded to a 4 stroke. They are not really designed for regular west coast tidal fishing. They are carpeted, comfortable boats great for water-sports and fishing freshwater. That said I ran the Alberti Inlet a few times and it handled well in calm conditions.

I had one, but upgraded to a 4 stroke. They are not really designed for regular west coast tidal fishing. They are carpeted, comfortable boats great for water-sports and fishing freshwater. That said I ran the Alberti Inlet a few times and it handled well in calm conditions.
Thanks alot

Bow riders in my opinion are not useful on the west coast. Just a waste of useable storage space compared to a covered/closed bow that makes the boat less seaworthy in rougher water.
Thank for your info....any recommendations for boat with covered bow? My budget is around $30000...im totally newbie with boats, trying get my 1st boat now.

I had an Legend 18' Xcalibur and fished the Harbor, airport and Bowen Island regularly.. They usually come with a Bow cover that helps in the bad weather days.. When it blows up you wish you were in a Hewescraft, but it still did the job. The finish on the inside looks nice but it's not built very strong. We had to reinforce the gunwales and make custom brackets for the scotty mounts. also had issues with the seat mounts. But this was in 2015.

If your primary use is to be on the water with your family I would strongly recommend getting something a little more seaworthy. Once you get out there you are going to want to start exploring more and the weather can change quick.

@Whole in the Water provided some good suggestions!

Thank you....my budget is around 30k, but afraid to get a 2nd hand boat cause I'm new ,might bought a piece of cap ends up spend way more for fixing

Back