Largest boat seen in Elk Lake

Feel like a bit of a tool, but it would be luxury. LOLOL

I want to hit those slabs with plugs. I have fished that lake since I was a kid. Always great success but just like I do in Cowichan I would love to run the riggers and see what I could really dredge up.

I wonder about Titanic ship or Martin Mars Water Bomber going in this lake so rowers can't bullyin' around? :D

I have seen a big sailboat and a few 20-30 ft boats going in this lake sometimes.

Island Outfittters run their charter boats (20+ft) in there during their derby in April/May. The only restrictions are speed restrictions indicated by the buoys for the skiers.

Seafood, eat it, then catch more.

Island Outfitters has had their 28 foot Grady White in there for the Elk Lake Derby.I've known of others who had launched large boats there just to try them out. I think that Bananas had one dropped off there to give it a try. Also, i heard once, don't know if this is correct, that if you're having a boat delivered from the States that they would only deliver to freshwater lakes.

Well, put the Striper in the lake today. Was out from around 3:00pm - 5:00pm. The wife and kids were along for the trip as well so it was a bit of a gong show. Nonetheless I hit a couple nice fish . Nothing larger than 20" on suprisingly large lures. ( 5" chrome ) Fished them off the riggers. Kind of fun. Fish released.

Boat came off the trailer with some persuasion. Boat went on really easily by just driving it in.

Back