Kitty Coleman Reports 2012

Well after an epic week of fishing( and i mean epic!), ive been skunked 2 nights in a row. Didnt get out till 7 last night so didnt give my self much a chance, but tonight flogged the water for 5 hours and couldnt even buy a p cod!

Last edited by a moderator:
Don`t feel bad Lorne. I got the big dounut too last night. What a beautiful night on the water. Fishing sure was good earlier in the week though.

whos going in the morning? Taking the father in law out, first time on the west coast, hope to put one in the boat.

Baby blue and white DE.

Where were you guys today. Fishing was great. Started off with a fish in the box 5 mins into it. Non-stop action for the next 4 hours. Nothing big but teens smoke just the same and twenties. Shocked that there were only about 5 boats out there today. Easy limits.......

Here are the girls after landing a double header.

photo-15.jpg

Was out this afternoon 12- 4:30. Nada!!
Lots of shakers, some dogfish. About a dozen boats, did not see any fish being netted
Talked to a surveyor at pacific playground at the end of the day. He had no reports of fish being brought in today.
Just shakers everywhere.

Thanks for update Hog Tide. Was hoping to run up there this afternoon, but was lookin' at whitecaps and thought better of it.

I was wondering the same thing myself there RMH. There are quite a few boats out there again today as well. What's up out there GLG?;) eman

I made one full pass through there (last night) then continued on to the yellow marker area. Nothing in the bay for me, didn't see any nets while I was there. Anyone else hitting fish inside now? Lots of shakers in the yellow marker area, 12-18".

I was wondering the same thing myself there RMH. There are quite a few boats out there again today as well. What's up out there GLG?;) eman
Was out yesterday and nothing but shakers
Was going to try tonight but it looks like the wind is going to kick up.
Have to pull pin on that idea.
How's the fishing? spotty......

I made one full pass through there (last night) then continued on to the yellow marker area. Nothing in the bay for me, didn't see any nets while I was there. Anyone else hitting fish inside now? Lots of shakers in the yellow marker area, 12-18".
What is the yellow marker area?

Sounds like it time for another thread...Comox/Lazo maybe as the harbor should start heating up.

Kitty to Lazo are miles apart and way different fisheries.

Cheers,

Back