Kitimat shore fishing?

Skogkatt

Hi,

I am new to saltwater fishing and I wonder if there is something worth catching from shore around Kitimat like cuttlefish, octopus or any fish worth targeting with a rod and reel.

Thanks

Spent some time in Kitimat years ago and shore fishing was a non starter. Access to the salt from shore was limited as industry had it pretty well covered in what might have been possible areas. No cuttlefish in the canal, but there are octopus that come up from the bottom in prawn traps. I also have taken feeder chinook near Kitamaat Village. But wait for the late summer.. Its a river fisherman,s dream Pinks ,Chinook , coho later in the fall and steelhead. As I said, its been awhile since I fished the river, but the guys and gals in the Kitimat Rod and gun Association will most likely be your best source of "how to" information. There is a Facebook link here.. https://kitimatchamber.ca/business/kitimat-rod-gun-association/

Thank you for the advice! I tried river fishing and it was amazing. I am not sure if there is any fish worth from shore other than salmon. I wonder if it is possible to fish octopus on a rod?

Back