killy mcgee spoon

Must be a new color, doesnt seem to be listed on any of there color charts.

I found a gabriola report that mentions that it is a Two tone UV green/silver though available at Harbour Chandler ...

Last edited by a moderator:
Nothing particularly special DW. I have a couple.

It's like a Green/Glow. It has the crosshatch pattern on the front. It is half green like the green glow. The other half is UV white in the same paint as the Irish Creme. The back side is silver. I would take a pic for you but the gear is a little far away from my couch.

I purchased mine from Nikka in Richmond a year ago.

Fire down a purple haze in milky White and you are good to go.

OA12R hoochie or the OAX14R if you really want that green.

OMG...I have all the hoochy numbers memorized!!!!!Ack!!!!

Pretty sure this is the spoon you speak of Dwflyrod
avyjuhaq.jpg
has yet to land me anything, guess i better swim it some more :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im going to have to swap the hook on this one, I have never liked them funny bent hooks, I think a # 3 ultra-point Mustad is what is needed here.this one spent a night or two in the bottom of my flasher bucket> seafever gave me this one when we were doing some tackle swapping one day :)

Im going to have to swap the hook on this one, I have never liked them funny bent hooks, I think a # 3 ultra-point Mustad is what is needed here.this one spent a night or two in the bottom of my flasher bucket> seafever gave me this one when we were doing some tackle swapping one day :)
Yeah Jeffy -if that funny hook is from siver horde-they break at the eye bend!

You betcha it is the 3.5 killy mcgee, i trolled it for a couple hours with no bites so it was banished to the bottom of the flasher bucket, i have found my success rate has improved by switching most of my hooks to open eye siwash mustad ultra-point hooks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those Killy McGees are custom made for Harbor Chandler. (so it says on the board when you go in there)

They have another half a dozen different ones that are also custom made for them....by Silver Horde,

They also have some custom hoochies by SuperTackle.

The guy in the store said the Killys work very good for him......and he recommended it. I tried it and didn't get anything on it....

What the hey....who do you believe?

I've ran the No bananas G-force too.....supposedly a hot spoon.....never gotten anything on it....

I will trade you all my spoons for a case of Green Splatterback hoochies.........I know those work.......:cool:

The "Kermit" spoon is supposed to be deadly too........I have a couple of those I'm trying next time out.....that's a spoon I've never used in the past .......

For all the "latest and greatests", like the Mac Deep, Tomic Spoon, etc, etc, it is still hard to beat a good old Cop Car or Watermelon pattern in a Pre China Coyote 3.5.

Yes, I too own a lot of ballast. I'm a sucker. Show me a picture of a big fish with a lie attached to it, and I have to buy a few too.

Drewski

I bought this spoon last week...I have no idea why......I just liked it....haven't got a clue what I'll use it for.....but I like looking at it...made by Gibbs....called a "Cherry Pie".

001.jpg

Back