Kicker on the left or right?

Sidneyboy

Mounting a 4.5 merc on my 15 foot K&C. I notice most guys mount the kicker on the left side of the boat. Is there any reason for this or is it just because everyone else does. I am new to fishing and would love any opinions or thoughts!

Thanks!!!

Sidneyboy

Kicker on the opposite side your helms on. Balances the boat if you’re fishing alone

really doesnt matter especially with price of fuel you want your buddys out to pay for fuel!!!!!!!!lol just make sure you counter balance it if you have kicker on one side put battery on the other.

Wolf

Blue Wolf Charters
www.bluewolfcharters.com

Put it on the left, My boat came with the kicker on the right as well as the battery and it really puts the boat out of balance so I always enjoy having a passenger to help balance the boat.

Like others say, on the port side to balance things out. It will also usually give you more clearance for the tiller on the kicker to not hit your main motor.

I have a new 23' Striper and the kicker was mounted on the helmsmans side (starboard) because of the ladder and swim grid. Very irritating as she does sit off balance now in the water. I normally get whoever is with me to sit on the opposite side to balance things out. Especially when putting the boat back onto the trailer.
Counterbalance is an option , but I do not want the extra weight.
I'd say if you have the option then mount it where it balances best.

Is the left side looking forwards or backwords:D:D:D

If you use the tiller it should be where you can comfortably reach it.

the left side is the port side. I seriously hope you are kidding with that question "looking forward or backwards"

quote:Originally posted by spring time

the left side is the port side. I seriously hope you are kidding with that question "looking forward or backwards"
There is no left side of a boat.
Do you get it now[:eek:)]

Back