kennedylake, clayoquot arm/river/lake?

J

jawelch455

I have never been to Vancouver Island. A small group (3) of us is going to Kennedy Lake with the thought of going up Calyoquot Arm, then up Clayoqout River, eventually ending at Clayoquot Lake. Does anyone know how the fishing quality in these waters? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

hey ja

You are mighty lucky to hit it up there. Of thoses places you should be on fire. These areas are very remote and rather unspoiled to my knowedge and should bless you with many o fish. Best a luck to ya. Keep in mind there is a lot of wild life up there so secure your **** accordingly, you know bears and the odd cougar.
maxpower

Hey Maxpower,

Thanks for the reply. I think you have re-confirmed our suspicion about the non-fish wildlife in this area. Hopefully, we will be careful enough to not bring an uncomfortable situation upon ourselves. Regarding the fish in these waters, what type of gear would you suggest? Since we are flying up to Vancouver, and eventually backpacking into the area, we want to travel lite and bring only the necessary gear. Thanks again

sorry dude you are on your own there. Not to lure savy for that area. Fly in the river is always good, and gang troll the lake if you can. Other than that i can just wish you good fishing.

Back