Kayak Fishing

Personally, the biggest fish I’ve ever landed was a +50 lb. Rooster fish - and from a kayak - thrill of a lifetime!
45 minutes of being towed around until the fish was played out.
I’ve had bigger fish landed in my power boat, but not by me. The big Rooster was my first one, and the next year I fished Roosters in a power boat, and although we caught quit a few, the fight just wasn’t the same.
So, be very careful what you wish for - kayak fishing May change your fishing life!
My 2 cents
Stosh
That's hard core.

Personally, the biggest fish I’ve ever landed was a +50 lb. Rooster fish - and from a kayak - thrill of a lifetime!
45 minutes of being towed around until the fish was played out.
I’ve had bigger fish landed in my power boat, but not by me. The big Rooster was my first one, and the next year I fished Roosters in a power boat, and although we caught quit a few, the fight just wasn’t the same.
So, be very careful what you wish for - kayak fishing May change your fishing life!
My 2 cents
Stosh
My 15lb Ling pulled me around cant imagine how awesome that big rooster was!

I bounced a 5 oz butterfly jig off the bottom between 80 and 145 feet of water for no action. The winter springs weren’t there yesterday but they should appear in a week or 2.
T2

I use an old Scotty manual downrigger with a 5 or 7 lb ball in the summer when springs are higher in the water column. I’ve also started going old school and cutplugging herring with a 6 oz banana weight. I can’t let Art have all the fun doing that!(You can see the rigger in the pic I posted above.) I’ve given up trolling with the rigger in the winter as the fish are too deep. With my geezer legs it’s easier to jig than troll when the fish are down at 120 ft.
Rain City: careful now! You will get hooked on kayak fishing and find yourself ignoring your powerboat! I have fishing buddies who think I’m nuts to be pedalling myself around when I could be sitting in my pb. I send them this picture and if they don’t understand after that, well…...:cool:
View attachment 72463
HEY!!! i was the one that took this photo!!

Back