Just for the small halibut derby

"it's not about being the best fisherman, it's about who you're fishing with"

Hey Justin
Nice fish you and James got. Was there others close to the slot size limit or were you the only fish close?
-Angus

Hey Justin
Nice fish you and James got. Was there others close to the slot size limit or were you the only fish close?
-Angus

There were several within a couple of inches of the slot limit, and I thought that the 48.9 was as long as any of them. As far as the number entered, 116, at least half the boats and anglers got nothing.

There were several within a couple of inches of the slot limit, and I thought that the 48.9 was as long as any of them. As far as the number entered, 116, at least half the boats and anglers got nothing.

Ours was 125.9 cm, I measured about 10 times to make sure it was legal but it was so close that I didn't know for sure until I put it on the measuring station at the weigh in. Stupid fish was on a diet damn it!

Congrats Justin! It was the good luck I wished you guys in the Cheaunuh parking lot yesterday am:) when we were getting ready.
Did you take that big hali to outfitters in the back of that little black car?
Nice work!

That's just insane to see how many halibut were killed this weekend. I just looked on the Island Outfitters web site.

I thought more would have been killed..... Being the PM I received I thought I'd ad that and maybe stop anyone else from sending me another.

Was there a prize for the smallest halibut?

Back