Just for the small halibut derby

Fishtank

How many people are entering? I'm not don't really see the point, the new regs seem to defeat the purpose. Lets see who can get the fish closest to 126cm

I hope that entering a derby never becomes about only catching a monster. Just getting out works for me . Closest to 126 cm makes it real interesting !!!

Only if they purchase their tickets throught the experimental ticket transfer program.
We will run this program as an experiment only and let it fail and get negative feedback for a few years, then smile and say "thank you for your input, we will move forward with this program"

A Derby has always been an excuse to fish for the whole weekend opposed to get out and kill the biggest fish that exists for me. not that i dont want to win but winning is not why i enter. If I wasn't tied down this weekend I would enter and enjoy it. I actually like my chances better with this slot. Even more so if it keeps some guys off the water.

Don't let a slot limit get in the way of a fun weekend with good friends.

Why wouldn't it High Five?

Lots of good reasons, some noted above. As a derby coordinator you should know this and be in support.

Tips

I agree GDW. This is my first derby for anything. My only expectation is for another awesome day on the water! That's already a win imo!

We did really well, and ended up catching a 120 lb for the largest released. It looked like the people at the weigh in all had stories to share and quite enjoyed the weekend despite the weather and the new regulations.

Brrr, wet and cold during the weigh-in and awards. Nailbiter finish - 0.1 lbs apart. Tailspin had the luckier day. Congrats! Well deserved for a great local fisherman! Gord of Foghorn Charters did very well as well for his maaaannny clients in the derby...lol. And one happy little boy who won a nice hali combo in the kid's category. Great prizes, thanks to the Outfitters for a great event under the toughest possible conditions between slot size and sh...y weather.

Thanks guys!

Short & Fat, the way I like em.:cool:

Tough weather, we got lucky to get on a decent spot today in the slop. Great Derby, and hats off to CBoss & Chris 73 for standing in the rain for SVIAC and the cause...

Thanks guys!

Short & Fat, the way I like em.:cool:

Tough weather, we got lucky to get on a decent spot today in the slop. Great Derby, and hats off to CBoss & Chris 73 for standing in the rain for SVIAC and the cause...

Way to go Justin!! That's just great.

No rain here but windier than a ***** eating beans...

So glad to here you won.

Jeff

Congrats on the win, that's awesome! What did she tape out to?

That's just insane to see how many halibut were killed this weekend. I just looked on the Island Outfitters web site.

That many are killed every weekend this time of year down there. I bet the weather limited the catches a bit.

Back