Joyce Murray Minister of Fisheries not running again.

The current fish farm related court cases, the delayed Transition plan, angry FN, the herring fishery decisions and the East Coast mackerel issues may be why she is not running again .................. the writing may have been on the wall. She just cancelled meetings this week in BC so she has effectively left the position.

It would appear that Mendicino & Lametti are out as well:

Translated:

"Ministers are bowing out one after the other in Ottawa as part of a major shuffle that Justin Trudeau is about to announce. Ultimately, about one-third of departments could change hands. A Quebecer, at least, could suffer the game of musical chairs: the Minister of Justice, David Lametti, who would be removed from the cabinet, said sources to La Presse.

The big names Chrystia Freeland in Finance, Mélanie Joly in Foreign Affairs, Steven Guilbeault in Environment, François-Philippe Champagne in Industry and Jean-Yves Duclos in Health will certainly retain their responsibilities in the reshuffle that concocted Justin Trudeau, and whose composition will be unveiled Wednesday at Rideau Hall.

This will not be the case for colleagues David Lametti, Carolyn Bennett, Omar Alghabra, Joyce Murray, Helena Jaczek, and potentially others, who are about to give up their places at the cabinet table. This would make this reshuffling of cards one of the most important carried out by Justin Trudeau since he came to power nearly eight years ago."

But the important fact is the bureaucrat is not replaced and begins telling his new boss how it has to be done.

They are the power brokers and need to be replaced if there is to be any hope.

But the important fact is the bureaucrat is not replaced and begins telling his new boss how it has to be done.

They are the power brokers and need to be replaced if there is to be any hope.
EXACTLY, OBD! The Fisheries Minister is mostly a figurehead - and I don't think that getting nominated for this position in Cabinet is truly as much as a "reward" as inexperienced MPs think.

I (and others including WMY) did notice that Annette Gibbons quietly replaced Timothy Sargent as Deputy Minister DFO late last fall:

I suspect Sargent was a key FF defender - as there are examples from ATIPs indicating his bias & interference:

There seems to be many replacements in the past couple years - not Just Fisheries Ministers - but also including Executive Directors for the BCSFA.

Anything but the current environment minister or finance minister. It's a big tool shed but those who tools stand out front.
Anybody but the liberals,liberals have to go, bla bla bla about conservatives but they can’t do worse then Trudeau and his liberal crony’s, we where better off as Canadians under Harper any day, no government if perfect, but anything is better then a circus

The challenge with another minister coming in as much as it's probably needed is that it takes months for them to get up to speed and then to actually get meetings with them or their staff to bring issues front and center. The PFA has had the opportunity to meet with both Minister's Murray and Jordan's staff. Not that we're very happy with many of their decisions, but at least we were able to get in front of them and present our concerns. With the change, that process will be starting from almost the beginning again. The best outlook is an election and a change of government of course! Certainly BC Conservative MP's Bob Zimmer, Ed Fast and Mel Arnold have done a great job at demanding accountability from the Minister in Fisheries Committee and speaking out publicly.

The drama teacher and his self-righteous, hypocritical and divisive government are toxic and need replacing - agreed. But to those who have "romantic memories of how great the Harper regime was to fish in comparison" either have bad dementia or were living on another planet. or were young to remember, IMHO:

We are disserved by all political parties and how they take advantage of our democratic processes by invoking tribalism and distractions irrespective of what colour tie they wear, IMHO. Partisan politics will not save us from that. Accountability is the key but also the pot at the end of the rainbow.

meet your new minister, some how i don't think this will be an improvement, I see nothing in her resume that would indicate she has any experience relevant to the Coast Guard or DFO, she was a career social worker. Trudeau couldn't pick a competent minister to save his life.

DFO doesn’t deserve a dime of my tax money, I am with Harper on that one, again bla bla bla about the cons,at least I did not pay 8$ for a pound of butter and 2$ a litre of gas

DFO doesn’t deserve a dime of my tax money, I am with Harper on that one, again bla bla bla about the cons,at least I did not pay 8$ for a pound of butter and 2$ a litre of gas
Not defending the current government, but Harper did not have a pandemic and related supply chain issues that drove the price of a lot of items skyward.

meet your new minister, some how i don't think this will be an improvement, I see nothing in her resume that would indicate she has any experience relevant to the Coast Guard or DFO, she was a career social worker. Trudeau couldn't pick a competent minister to save his life.

Îles-de-la-Madeleine - well maybe we'll get some forward motion on the seal issue.

So, bureaucrats will now run the west.

fisheries ministers never last more then a couple of years, she's all ready lasted pretty long.

1690388839146.png

Back