Jigs: Season 1

Pretty SWEET Buck there BR!

Jig arrived today, and they do look Deadly</u>! Wanted to let you know and pass along a heartfelt Thanks for the offer! :D

Will be trying these out, and sincerely hope to post a picture or two that rival the buck above! [}:)]

Cheers & THANKS!
Nog

Just got mine in the mail this minute. Those are some real fishy looking beauties! Thanks very much Rod. I will follow the instructions, which were included, closely next winter. And I will definitely report back. Makes me wish I had the time right now to take a late-season boo, but I am chained to the desk for a couple more weeks. At any rate, very generous, and thank you very much. :D

Hey BR, my email is dirtdog67@hotmail.com... Very interested in having a look at them.. Hit up a little west coast stream last weekend and the jigs were on fire.. Nice fish by the way.. cheers in advance-dirty

my friend has hooked 200 fish this year and almost all on bait(jensens others), why would anyone not fish bait, jigs belong on hats

Like I said earlier I have excellent success with jigs for salmon on the flows. One day me and another fellow had fish every 3-4 casts ALL DAY till we lost all our jigs.
I also got a couple of the promo jigs from Bent Rods just the other day and had a chance to fish one for a bit. Got a little guy but not worth a picture.
It's honestly hard to fish new things confidence is everything. But catch a few fish on anything and watch that new gear will be ready to fish more often on future trips.

I'm a firm believer that lure/fly choice is not nearly as important as how you present it and where you fish. I've seen it time and again if there is a hot steelhead in the pool it doesn't matter what you use as long as you get it in front of the fish. Jigs are effective because they sink quickly and are easily seen by the fish. You could make a case for bait in water with low visibility but when the water is clear I honestly don't think it matters.

Thanks Mr. Toth just recieved my care package, nice selection of BENT ROD JIGS am looking forward to putting them to the test in the next few weeks,,,,again much appreciated...Lawrie Huth

ITS OUR PASSION TO FISH AND GET OUT OF DOORS...PLEASE...FISH LEGAL OR GET OFF THE RIVER!

simply put, if your not fishing bait, your not maximizing your chances at a fishes turn on mechanism, my girlfriend likes to wear Jigs as ear rings too, nice use for them

Hey cammer, when and where are you using bait would love to see your techniques in action....

ITS OUR PASSION TO FISH AND GET OUT OF DOORS...PLEASE...FISH LEGAL OR GET OFF THE RIVER!

yep your right about certain island rivers that SHOULDNT be talked about, but alas , some wanna blow hot air, Hootey i dont fish with newbies, aka less than 7 years experience. Only people i fish with have loads of quality boraxed berried treasure

So, Cammer your a seasoned masterbaiter with more than seven years experiance of fishing illegal on the Island rivers a very envious plateau to strive for. And your point is ?
I am trying to see what point it is your trying to make other than you have reached Master Baiter status.....[^]

IMG]http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff75/hootey269/img105.jpg[/IMG]
Bait was allowes back in 1987 and my daughters first fish was caught on a muddler minnow off of Palmers float on the Cowichan River.[^]

english as a second Language???? Hootey, re read all my posts and try to find out where i was actually talking about fishing bait on a closed river(to bait)??? Like ive said before, ive seen too many newbies have limited success due to poor bait accumulation techniques, oh well, too each their own

Is that all you got!! For a guy to come on hear and brag about fishing illegally, just dont think you could get any more reckless....My opinion.....;)

yep your right about certain island rivers that SHOULDNT be talked about, but alas , some wanna blow hot air, Hootey i dont fish with newbies, aka less than 7 years experience. Only people i fish with have loads of quality boraxed berried treasure

[:eek:)]
.....good come back there Cammer[:eek:)]

I will destroy all poachers.

After all, I am a Thug.

If you can't do it right than don't do it at all.

Ahh yes, Steelhead only eat bait [:eek:)], but they do readily attack many atrraction type lures whether it be jigs, spoons, spinners, plugs and the list goes on. Why someone really cares how others catch their fish boggles the mind, typically the jealous rantings of an envious fisherman. I am quite happy putting triple digits of Steelhead on the bank every winter using jigs, I get the satisfaction of tying up cool creations and fishing them using many unique ways of presenting them.
I am happy to have evolved from roe stained pinky fingers and relying on papa Pautzke and uncle pro cure to guide my ways.
Not to mention the on going quest to obtain roe, killing does just to catch more does to kill.

Now to get this thread back on track, I'll add a few pics from todays outing, where we hooked a few handfuls of steelhead on jigs with orange UV polar Chenille patterns taking the bulk of the fish.

steel2098.jpg

steel2096.jpg

steel2094.jpg

Looking forward to some pics from the jigs I sent out.

Back