Jericho Pier?

deepcover

Does anyone know if it's possible to pick-up and drop-off passengers at Jericho Pier in Vancouver? I know there is a dock, but can't remember if it is gated and I have no idea how shallow it is around there (charts are in the boat). Any advice?

Does anyone know if it's possible to pick-up and drop-off passengers at Jericho Pier in Vancouver? I know there is a dock, but can't remember if it is gated and I have no idea how shallow it is around there (charts are in the boat). Any advice?

Yup, no issues. Haven't been there lately but last fall I pulled in there with a 38 footer with twin screws and a 3 foot draft.

If you are talking about the pier right by the Jericho Sailing Center, the answer is No. It is used by the center for its rescue boats and there are also restricted access for power boats east of the pier because that is where the wind surfers, learning sailors and paddle boarders are schooled. I have picked up and dropped off to the sailing center with my 19' Campion by beaching just west of the pier. That is doable on a high tide, but is a "wet" landing for your passengers.

You can physically dock there, but if the center staff see you they will say you are not suppose to use it.

Thanks guys! So I'm guessing I'll be ok to pick him up at 5:30 am, and then he can swim for it when I drop him off in the afternoon. Cheers!

You can pick up/drop off there, but you can't tie up there.
Also, very busy area on the weekend with all kinds of people in/on the water, and tossed crab trap lines everywhere.

You can pick up/drop off there, but you can't tie up there.
Also, very busy area on the weekend with all kinds of people in/on the water, and tossed crab trap lines everywhere.

Exactly what he said. Come in very wide of the pier and traps.....beware low tide

Back