Island Gate Petition

I encourage everyone here to take a quick look any time you pass an illegal dumping site. If you have a few seconds, all it takes is one piece of mail or other document with a name, to help the RCMP track down whoever has dumped that junk. Yes I know sometimes it's not always the owner of the document who did the dumping due to people possibly having a company or other parties collect their garbage, but it can sometimes help track down the other party. This has worked in the past on the island. I'm sure a few if not a lot of us here can remember seeing this usedvic ad...

http://www.usedvictoria.com/classified-ad/Dude-we-found-your-car_22930800.lite?

Another great idea would be far steeper fines/consequences for anybody found guilty of illegally dumping. Maybe something along the lines of 6 months to a year in prison, followed by 1000 hrs of community service cleaning up illegal dumping sites, with minimum fines in the neighborhood of $25,000-50,000 dollars, as well as having any vehicle used for said dumping confiscated and either sold at govt auction or even crushed and recycled.

Last edited:
Back