Island Fires

Thank you! So we should expect that detour route to be rougher than usual. We are driving in to Bamfield Aug 13 and are planning to take that route.

Damn our timing sucks, ferry doesn’t arrive at Duke point until 1:30 on Monday. Guess we’ll be chilling in Nanaimo for a bit, be late arrival in Ukee

You could easily spend an hour in PNT, then do the donut shop and/at Goats on the Roof.
Always our routine. Momma has been waiting for a few years now to take the grandkids to Goats on the roof and a couple other places in the area. We usually stay over one night in Parksville then get up in the morning and hit PNT then Goats on the way through. This year we are spending a couple days in the area before we head to the west side. I was able to find secure storage for the boat for a couple nights so we can run around and I don’t have to worry about the boat being safe. Then we will be up early and get through on the road first thing in the morning. Will put us in Ukee early but thats ok. We can stop along the way, kids can play in the creek some, I always hit the car wash in Ukee with the boat before I launch it, get the bugs and road grime off it so I don't have to look at a dirty boat for a week. It will all work out in the end.

For those going by Cameron give yourself time. We were about 5 minutes delay headed to Bamfield but on the way back we were 1 hour 20 minutes delay headed back east; fortunately we had plenty of time to spare for our ferry.

Backed up from Angel Rock right to The Hump headed east today.
Sat for 2.5 hours to make it through the 11:30 Westbound opening.

What a cluster****.

Thanks to the NDP for NOT putting the damn fire out when it was first reported, and spitting at it instead.

KeRist!

Last edited:
Always our routine. Momma has been waiting for a few years now to take the grandkids to Goats on the roof and a couple other places in the area. We usually stay over one night in Parksville then get up in the morning and hit PNT then Goats on the way through. This year we are spending a couple days in the area before we head to the west side. I was able to find secure storage for the boat for a couple nights so we can run around and I don’t have to worry about the boat being safe. Then we will be up early and get through on the road first thing in the morning. Will put us in Ukee early but thats ok. We can stop along the way, kids can play in the creek some, I always hit the car wash in Ukee with the boat before I launch it, get the bugs and road grime off it so I don't have to look at a dirty boat for a week. It will all work out in the end.

I might actually be around when you wander through this time.
Will send you a pm shortly...

Cheers,
Nog

Eastbound Traffic backed up from Angel Rock right into town, well below Canadian Tire on Johnston Road.
Dead Standstill.
Wonder how bad the other side is?
And now they are saying September before it will be open.

Didn't want to spend the coin to put the damn fire out when first reported.
Now one hell of a lot of inconvenience and economic losses to 4 towns that entirely surpass what the firefighting effort would have cost.

Totally Incompetent!

Nog

Eastbound Traffic backed up from Angel Rock right into town, well below Canadian Tire on Johnston Road.
Dead Standstill.

Now one hell of a lot of inconvenience and economic losses to 4 towns that entirely surpass what the firefighting effort would have cost.

Totally Incompetent!

Nog
Maybe it's just the lineup for BC ferries .
?.

Dead Standstill.

Totally Incompetent!

Nog

Apparently it was closed altogether due a crane needing repairs.

Back