Is it legal to tow a tandem axle trailer missing a wheel?

no its not legal. you are basically lifting an axle by removing a wheel.

Lift axles

7.11 (1) A person must not, without a permit, drive or operate on a highway a vehicle or a combination of vehicles in which a control is provided for varying the weight on an axle or group of axles, unless

(a) the control locks or unlocks a sliding fifth wheel coupler,

(b) the vehicle is a ready mix concrete truck and the control is manually operated and located outside the driver compartment and immediately adjacent to the axle or group of axles being affected, or

(c) the control is an automatic axle lift device that

(i) was installed on the trailer by

(A) the original trailer manufacturer, or

(B) an installer working under the supervision of, and according to an installation plan developed by, a professional engineer, and

(ii) is equipped with tamper-resistant features to prevent unintended field adjustments,

and the trailer on which it is installed

(iii) has affixed on each side, near the affected axles, a unique logo indicating that an automatic axle lift device is installed on the trailer, and

(iv) is equipped with an on/off control to operate the automatic axle lift device and with a status light visible from the cab to indicate to the driver when the device is activated.

(2) A person must not, without a permit, drive or operate a vehicle or vehicle combination with lift axles in contact with the ground if the vehicle is

(a) not also equipped with an automatic lift axle that meets the requirements set out in subsection (1) (c) (i) and (ii), or

(b) a pole trailer.

[en. B.C. Reg. 95/2006, s. 3; am. B.C. Reg. 97/2009, s. (a).]

so you need to fix an automatic axle lift device to make it legal for you to tow it.
that being said, you can always get it towed by a wrecker if you want it 100% legal. they have a permit and insurance to tow stuff without all axles being in contact with the ground.
It's getting pretty confusing. I might just leave the wheel on and run it as is or fix it in my driveway. It's a Vault oil bath system and I haven't had any experience with working on this type of hub.

It's getting pretty confusing. I might just leave the wheel on and run it as is or fix it in my driveway. It's a Vault oil bath system and I haven't had any experience with working on this type of hub.
It’s not legal to drive 120km in a 100 km zone, we all do it lol, not sure where your at but if there is slim to no chance of crossing path with a cop I would do it

Lift axles

7.11 (1) A person must not, without a permit, drive or operate on a highway a vehicle or a combination of vehicles in which a control is provided for varying the weight on an axle or group of axles, unless

(b) the vehicle is a ready mix concrete truck and the control is manually operated and located outside the driver compartment and immediately adjacent to the axle or group of axles being affected, or

(B) an installer working under the supervision of, and according to an installation plan developed by, a professional engineer, and

(ii) is equipped with tamper-resistant features to prevent unintended field adjustments,

(iii) has affixed on each side, near the affected axles, a unique logo indicating that an automatic axle lift device is installed on the trailer, and

(iv) is equipped with an on/off control to operate the automatic axle lift device and with a status light visible from the cab to indicate to the driver when the device is activated.

(2) A person must not, without a permit, drive or operate a vehicle or vehicle combination with lift axles in contact with the ground if the vehicle is

(a) not also equipped with an automatic lift axle that meets the requirements set out in subsection (1) (c) (i) and (ii), or

(b) a pole trailer.

so you need to fix an automatic axle lift device to make it legal for you to tow it.
that being said, you can always get it towed by a wrecker if you want it 100% legal. they have a permit and insurance to tow stuff without all axles being in contact with the ground.
don't be a a$$ that is commercial transport regulations, not a private boat trailer

Lift axles

(b) a pole trailer.

Regs for commercial vehicles
We have the Yak Axle lift on our trailers

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230504-170458_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20230504-170458_Facebook.jpg
    647.7 KB · Views: 16
  • Screenshot_20230504-170429_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20230504-170429_Facebook.jpg
    175.1 KB · Views: 16
Had a similar issue. Took the wheel off strapped the entire rear axel up so the far side wheel was off the ground, effectively running on the one good axel. RCMP pulled me over for lighting issues, but didn't seem too fussed about the axel arrangement. Not saying it's legal or not, just sharing an experience.

One axle is rated for 5150 pounds. That is more than adequate to support your trailer. Removing the opposite wheel makes sense. Now you have a single axle trailer, fully compliant.

A lift axle is an entirely different set-up. The purpose is, when typically hydraulically actuated, to significantly increase the load carrying capacity of the vehicle. I think zurk is messing with you. 😉

Same as any bearing except the grease get cooled in the fridge then pack bearings. I have on hub off right now waiting on brake pads. No difference just the grease

Back