Insight mapping

bones

Anyone with an HDS unit using this feature? Or are you just using an after market card?
Just curious as I was playing around with this feature this year. I logged little bit around nootka sound.

I use it on local lakes its good to find small humps and rock piles that don't show up on maps....... you can pinpoint your presentation...... also the changes in bottom composition are a good way to locate fish holding structure......... most maps show the general bottom features but having a actual chart of the area you are fishing does help.....if you want to troll the shoreline with downriggers I would say it would definitely help in catching fish and would definitely save some lost cannonballs and gear on un mapped rockpiles

You record your sonar as you fish or drive around. Remove your SD card. Throw the card into your computer upload, combine multiple logs together. Download the log back onto card and poof you have a detailed map of your fish area. Most map cards are made from old raster map info and are not up to date, drop offs and pinnacles etc. Are not always shown on some cards.

You record your sonar as you fish or drive around. Remove your SD card. Throw the card into your computer upload, combine multiple logs together. Download the log back onto card and poof you have a detailed map of your fish area. Most map cards are made from old raster map info and are not up to date, drop offs and pinnacles etc. Are not always shown on some cards.

Damn, that's cool...

I wonder if my Gen 1 HDS 7 has it. I will have to dig out the manual.

Back