info needed-sooke area fishing

Travo

Hi im wanting to make a trip to sooke now that the salmon are running ,i was there for a guided trip during december for winter springs and got skunked . Over the winter i purchased myself a 22foot north river sea hawk and i want to come out to sooke to get into some fish ..i will prob hire a guide for the first day there since it will be my first time on the ocean mainly stick to the larger interior amd kootney lakes where i live..
i have a trip planned for prince rupert for middle of july to fish the coast and skeena water system my question is what is the good time for me to come to sooke to fish when the fishing will be in full swing i would pack up and leave 2mrw but i dont feel like getting skunked again... so between now and middle of july when would be a good time to come out ??

Hi im wanting to make a trip to sooke now that the salmon are running ,i was there for a guided trip during december for winter springs and got skunked . Over the winter i purchased myself a 22foot north river sea hawk and i want to come out to sooke to get into some fish ..i will prob hire a guide for the first day there since it will be my first time on the ocean mainly stick to the larger interior amd kootney lakes where i live..
i have a trip planned for prince rupert for middle of july to fish the coast and skeena water system my question is what is the good time for me to come to sooke to fish when the fishing will be in full swing i would pack up and leave 2mrw but i dont feel like getting skunked again... so between now and middle of july when would be a good time to come out ??

Its hot right now, but we are in a slot restriction so you can only keep hatcheries over around 21 or 22 lbs. This will lift July 20. If you aren't worried about that, I'd say either now, or as far into July as you can (which would also allow for likely coho and maybe the start of pink salmon as well).

Back