Indian arm pinks

Revenge

I was up Indian arm the other day and it just blows my mind how many people have no reguard for regulations !!!!!!! There was 9 boats in one area and 7 in another fishing pinks . Do people not read the reg's or do they just not give a crap. RCA's are closed to all fishing for fin fish. Last i looked ,pink salmon are fin fish !!
I and a few other's that have places up there have called the rat line and nothing has been done. It would be so easy to bust these guys but no one does anything . Pretty sad !!!!
:mad:

Ya tried that to even went as far as two years ago i had printed out the RCA areas and gave them to a few guys out there, one didnt know but kept fishing ,one left and the other said whats the big deal there only pinks.

i fish all-over up there and never really checked the regs either.... great cutties and pinks for sure.. i also have never caught a bottom fish up their since the mid eighties...

Who doesn't check the regs?! I was just spent a week fishing from Bella Bella to Rupert and made sure to find out where all the RCAs where and what all the regs were in each area along the way. Found a nice bait ball on the surface by the Moore islands but kept the lines dry, because there is NO FISHING FOR ANY FIN FISH IN A RCA!!!

last i heard and checked ,

you are allowed to fish for Salmon between Second Narrows bridge all the way up to the Twin Island RCA , ( theres a small RCA Across Deep Cove , But thats on the South Side of the arm ) and then salmon fish just past Twin Islands , all the way up To Crocker Island RCA
, there is a large body of water you can fish between the 2 RCA areas , appx 3 miles long ,most guys fish close to the old power stations , and that is NOT an RCA , Deep Cove area is also fine , theres just 3 small areas you cant salmon fish , heres the map , zoom in ,

map link http://www.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/fm-gp/...634114,-13611229.325370973,6396039.9040658865

confirmed by a dfo source of mine as well

fd

i fish all-over up there and never really checked the regs either.... great cutties and pinks for sure.. i also have never caught a bottom fish up their since the mid eighties...

Wow, (as I shake my head side to side in amazement) .....and do you fish this way everywhere you go ? Thanks for your honest post but you might wanna think twice about fishing any area without checking regs - its part of fishing man.

http://www.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/fm-gp/maps-cartes/rca-acs/areas-secteurs/28-eng.html

As FD says there is lots of open areas up there so why bother ignoring RCA's and potentially fishing illegally.

There are two large RCA's up Indian Arm. It is a beautiful area...I would think you could fish way up at the end of the Arm where Indian River comes into the Arm..Near Wigwam?? Looks open there...
Like I said,it's real nice up there..We cruise up there occasionally and get so caught up in the scenery wee seldom drop a line in the areas that are open...

I definately know the rca's in barclay, and since i have never jigged bottom fish ( in indian arm)i never concerned myself with indian arm... Some salmon trollin and fly fishing has never caused the death of a rockfish up there.

I definately know the rca's in barclay, and since i have never jigged bottom fish ( in indian arm)i never concerned myself with indian arm... Some salmon trollin and fly fishing has never caused the death of a rockfish up there.

still isn't legal but I guess the reg's are only for some of us

Relax Guys, i know Blair ( Trophywife) personally , hes probably lauhin at all this , think there was some tongue n chhek in his post,
we both have places in the area , i know he knows the area inside out , i just spent a weekend at my good friends place ,
on the Ioco side , right in front of twin islands ,we were on the dock 24/7 , ya may have seen us , we had a North River 24 Jet boat , and a brand new 33 Grady with twin Yami 350's on the butt ( WHAT A BOAT ) , there was NO ONE FISHING there all wknd , were there often , and if there ever is , its sum fumbling fool ( love that quote Jeff )....... that has zero idea of what the hell there doing ,

anyways

We seen lotsa jumpers in the evening , heard the seals tearing the crap outta them in the wee hours , On the way back ta Cates ramp , there were several boats and beach casters targeting a large school of Stinks , i mean Pinks : )... that were milling in the area , seems to be a popular spot the fish like ta hang..

anyways , if ya do see guys out there on there on the rca's let them know there in a closed area , they will usually move on , or call the authorities ??
it happens everywhere ,Some Sports Fishing Licence holders are WAY to un educated , some just play the card !!

later

fd

Back