In search of FUGLY 2

Im pretty sure it can handle the 9.9, a 6 hp would do it but i want to plan ahead for in a couple years when i upgrade again, a two stroke 70 is pretty light for a 17' Hourston, should have no problem accomodating a fourstroke 9.9, seen many 17' hourstons with 90 and 115's on them.. Hopefully it dont bog it down like fugly was with all my gear n goodies onboard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm 260lbs and I can stand in the splashwell without water coming in. Boat is rated for 115hp but the 70 moves it just fine. With 3 people and full gear it still isn't bogged down.

In know man, im just sayin , fugly was pretty loaded down if we look back... The hourston will sit way higher.. Part of the reason i wanted a Deep V

The guy who was selling the 20' DE still has it for sale, guess he has spotty internet up north but here is a couple pics, good deal for 6500.00
fbcdaa66ceb48ccbebabfccec87de386.jpg
379e66d80d413bd7b887ebbe95a8206b.jpg
ebe937067886969a42c9dc3d85802ed6.jpg
6676bb60e176938ae8883d9fd2c8a81d.jpg
low hours on rebuilt motor n leg ... Add is on kijiji campbellriver.

Last edited by a moderator:
Im pretty sure it can handle the 9.9, a 6 hp would do it but i want to plan ahead for in a couple years when i upgrade again, a two stroke 70 is pretty light for a 17' Hourston, should have no problem accomodating a fourstroke 9.9, seen many 17' hourstons with 90 and 115's on them.. Hopefully it dont bog it down like fugly was with all my gear n goodies onboard.

It will be fine..... I had a 60 Envinrude on my DE and did about 25-27 knots WOT with two guys... That 70 is fine, and is very light... I also had a yammi 8 HT.. This boat is not a 16 footer ether totally different boat....Even a foot makes a huge difference with those boats..

Looks like i beat the rush for the boat..lol.. And thankfully i have some good reading material to get me across the Salish Sea.
7108080dd84ffb895910f49396ac16ff.jpg
4289a6ba91a716645e81d37878251f2c.jpg

As you sit in your truck listening to Interstate Love Song.

Can read it off the display :)

Hope the wallet is fat, cause your going to need it to be coming back. Should of found a friend to go with and loaded the trailer on top of the truck and ran the boat across the Salish Sea. No over height charges on the ferry anymore I believe.

Im only getting stroked to get it back, and i did have an SFBC member offer to being it over but i have a couple stops to make. Great day for a road trip ,and a big thank you to the SFBC member who offered to tow it over, but i preferred to be there in person for licensing and registration purposes..

Hope the wallet is fat, cause your going to need it to be coming back. Should of found a friend to go with and loaded the trailer on top of the truck and ran the boat across the Salish Sea. No over height charges on the ferry anymore I believe.

No kidding! for a 17' boat, they charge the equivalent of a car and four passengers. I was looking at options to get to Thormanby Is. from Victoria. I priced out trailering to Halfmoon Bay if the weather was too windy to cross the straight. Between the two ferries it's almost $800 return for vehicle, trailer, driver and three passengers !!

Alternately, you can make friends with a BC Ferries employee, take them for the ride and get it all for free... :confused:

Back