Ideas or Suggestions for Upgrades to SFBC Site

How about a button on the bottom of the thread to “report this message to the moderatorâ€
GLG

Howdy,

Don't know why we needed yet another topic heading (Conservation, Fishery Politics and Management)?

I thought that's what this one was for?

My 2-bits.

Howdy,

Don't know why we needed yet another topic heading (Conservation, Fishery Politics and Management)?

My 2-bits.

Well reviewing all the ideas not sure yet wether a hunting forum has a place on SFBC. Little Hawk with the amount of topics to do with Conservation, Fishery Politics and Management it needs its own forum rather then flooding the general forum. We will be reviewing the addition of a photo gallery, spell check and the addition of a direct report to a moderator button vs emails however I need to review all of this with the other moderators.

Cheers ME

Nootka Marine Adventures

WHERE THE OCEAN IS OUR PLAYGROUND

Charter Packages or Bring Your Own Boat
www.goldriverfishinglodge.com
www.moutchabay.com

Email: h00kedonfishing@hotmail.com

Well reviewing all the ideas not sure yet wether a hunting forum has a place on SFBC. Little Hawk with the amount of topics to do with Conservation, Fishery Politics and Management it needs its own forum rather then flooding the general forum. We will be reviewing the addition of a photo gallery, spell check and the addition of a direct report to a moderator button vs emails however I need to review all of this with the other moderators.

Cheers ME

Nootka Marine Adventures

WHERE THE OCEAN IS OUR PLAYGROUND

Charter Packages or Bring Your Own Boat
www.goldriverfishinglodge.com
www.moutchabay.com

Email: h00kedonfishing@hotmail.com

quote:Originally posted by Little Hawk

Howdy,

My 2-bits.

That's what this one was for, now it has it's own area. This is just for anything else that does not fit in the other groups. There is so much traffic generated by those topics that they pretty much need an area of thier own. Also, some folks just want to talk fishing, and not get into the debates going on.

Last Chance Fishing Adventures

www.lastchancefishingadventures.com
www.swiftsurebank.com

quote:Originally posted by GLG

How about a button on the bottom of the thread to “report this message to the moderatorâ€
GLG

As of late, myself and MyEscape hit this site several times a day, so I don't think this will be needed unless we get another round of jerks on this site. With the IP blocker we have now, they may get ONE good shot at starting a problem, then they are toast. .

www.swiftsurebank.com

quote:Originally posted by Peege

I would like to suggest a forum that fishing lodges and guides could post last minute vacancies for the locals at a "locals" price. Add some honest fishing reports such as "Ferrier Point has been hot all week and we have room for 12 at xxxxxxxx Lodge 130.00 a day with meals and accomodation. for bookings e-mail or call ph no#. Cheers

There are plans for the future to have some lodges and guides purchase a "sandbox" where they can push last minute specials and such.

www.swiftsurebank.com

Couple of things I'd like to see:

- ability to post polls and surveys.
- easier integration of photos and YouTube videos embedded
- integration with Google Maps
- Gas splitting / fishing buddy site

I would also love to see some sort of a online commerce site integrated where we could discuss equipment and have a spot to purchase it at a reasonable rate. Perhaps some of the proceeds could go to funding the site and/or to salmon enhancement?

quote:Originally posted by TenMile

Couple of things I'd like to see:

- ability to post polls and surveys.
- easier integration of photos and YouTube videos embedded
- integration with Google Maps
- Gas splitting / fishing buddy site

I would also love to see some sort of a online commerce site integrated where we could discuss equipment and have a spot to purchase it at a reasonable rate. Perhaps some of the proceeds could go to funding the site and/or to salmon enhancement?

Sounds like www.killfish.com Mason

[www.savebcsalmon.ca]

So far I have no ideas but what has been done to date is excellent![8D]

IMG_1445.jpg

quote:Originally posted by Poppa Swiss

to be honest I think there are too many sub-forums, I like to read most posts but its a real pain in the arse to click through a half dozen sub forums to look at posts. In my opinion a forum should have as few sub-forums as possible and only expand as there is a need.

Kill fish would be a perfect example of the opposite - they have like 20 sub-forums and only a handful of posts. The less clicking I have to do the better.

"don't make me think" is a great book on the subject of web usability.
http://www.sensible.com/buythebook.html

I have a suggestion for this one. On other forums I below to, they have a button that you can click on that lets you see just the "New Posts". It then presents a summary where you can see both the new topics that have been started, and new posts to topics that you have previously read.

I'd also like to see some new colour schemes. In the Reply to Window, and the Send PM control windows, the navy blue on black colour scheme makes it impossible to read the headers etc...

Another note, its been great without the spam and trolls around - nice job on finally blocking those IPs LC.

Always a great site with tons of information. A couple things I would like to see.

1- Electronics Sub Forums (for radar, gps, fish finders, etc)

Also, Saltwater fishing reports divided into 2 sections. One for Guide/resort reports and one for the common fisherman. There where many online battles fought last year between the 2 groups and some guides where refusing to post as they where getting attacked. I very much appreciate all these reports provided by all and sure everyone else does as well. I believe that this would help benefit all.

Thanks and Great work on the site

More of these to choose from...:)

Take only what you need.

quote:Originally posted by PW_Homer

Always a great site with tons of information. A couple things I would like to see.

1- Electronics Sub Forums (for radar, gps, fish finders, etc)

Also, Saltwater fishing reports divided into 2 sections. One for Guide/resort reports and one for the common fisherman. There where many online battles fought last year between the 2 groups and some guides where refusing to post as they where getting attacked. I very much appreciate all these reports provided by all and sure everyone else does as well. I believe that this would help benefit all.

Thanks and Great work on the site

We are going to roll out a guide forum soon, we just have to structure it so that SFBC's contributing guides will be able to use it. We don't want outfits that are not members of our community pumping thier businesses.

www.swiftsurebank.com

The /images/smiles/ folder should be under your main phpBB folder. For example, if your forum is installed in public_html/forum, the correct full path to the smiles folder should be:

/public_html/forum/images/smiles

You can also check this nice tutorial here:

http://www.phpbb-design.com/faq/install_smileys.php

Or not...

Take only what you need.

Hey mods-- could you consider the order of the pages on the site. Right now ( and for the foreseeable future) conservation issues are very important.

I would suggest
1) Saltwater
2) Fresh water
3) Flyfishing
4) Boats
5) Conservation
6) General
7) Important meetings
8) Buy and Sell
9) recipes.

This put the actual "fish" type discussions at the top followed by the less read threads below. It will help to make sure that "conservation" does not get lost after things like Buy and sell.

Thanks
CL

Intruder2-2.jpg

20ft Alumaweld Intruder

why is there a flyfishing section? I think it can just be included with fresh water, and is pretty much dormatory as is.

Back