I troll or troll master

buzzbomb

Thinking of putting one of these riggs on my kicker. Just wondering if any of you guys had or herd of any good or bad experiences. Thanks

With the trollmaster you can integrate steering and throttle for well under $1500 taxes in.
Installation is straightforward also.
I am approx 100 hours in on the Pro3, there have been 2 problems that the manufacturer very quickly sent parts out for.

I troll is fancier (more settings) but you have to add different steering.

Can't talk for the troll master but the itroll is sweet. Well built, lots of options (though I really only use the dial) and the guy who runs it is swell.

I use a TrollMaster Pro 2 and it is great. I like you have my kicker linked to my main so only use it for throttle control. It was easy to install, easy to use and works great. My only complaint is their mounting hardware they provide for mounting the control unit. I bought mine off Amazon.ca.... they had the best price I could find!

I love my itroll and only use it for throttle as I'm hooked to hydro for kicker. It was on the old forum that a member had described and provided links to buy individual parts to make your own. It was a lot cheaper that way.

Last edited:
You can build one for about $125. Basically a copy of iTroll without the programming. I love it. Throttle adjustment by the rpm is wonderful. Was on a buddies boat fishing the other day and kept reaching for the dial. You don't know what you are missing until you don't have it.

Do these just let you control throttle by rpm or are they connected to GPS so you can set trolling speed? Just not sure of the advantage of it over regular throttle control.

If you don't have remote throttle control, This will give you the ability to adjust throttle position in very small increments. Even if you have remote throttle I am sure the ability to increase or decrease rpm's greatly improved. I adjust the dial a couple of turns until I can hear a change. Not sure if you can do that with the remote throttle very easily. I know from experience the tiller throttle is very hard to get small rpm changes even if the wife remembers to turn the throttle the right way. No more do I have to bite my tongue and say "REALLY"!

I purchased a TrollMaster Pro a couple of months ago. (Throttle only- as my kicker is tied to the main) It took about two hours for a friend and myself to install it. The uTube vid that showed the instillation process was a bit confusing... but eventually we "gotterdone" Works great so far. But the dial is extremely sensitive and most likely just an adjustment that I will figure out later. But once I have set the speed using the TrollMaster, it holds that speed and does not vary.

Wondering if anyone has the controllking installed and if so what their thoughts are:

http://controllking.com/

I called them (in the US) to discuss and it sounds like it can serve as a complete replacement to a remote throttle so if you have your kicker tied to your main (or have a remote steering station) it would eliminate the need for a remote throttle. I have been fishing with 1 other boat who has this system (guide in campbell river) and he seemed to love it. It seems like a great option but I'd like to get more feedback/reviews if possible. thx

That is the same type of system as the other two above. I have an iTroll with EZ steer link to main. Works awesome. I think for steering you want the kicker linked to the main rather than independent steered so you use the mains lower unit to help the kicker turn, like a rudder.

Had TrollMaster for years. Loved it. Mine was an older model too so I'm sure they are even better now.

I got the trollmaster installed on my kicker (20hp-Suzuki) and have used it all this season. It is simple and just plain works. Install cost was quite reasonable too.

I installed the Troll Master also a few years back. One of the best additions to my boat.

Back