I made a fishing video

Wondermur

Crew Member
Well we got back from our annual central coast fishing trip and this year I had taken quite a bit of video. So I put it together over the last week and got it finished tonight.

It’s totally amateur. In parts the sound is poor but generally the sound is slightly worse than that. Although when compared to the camera work the audio seems quite good!

If you were to watch it you would have to put up with my droll voiceover for 15 mins. But then I give up on that which is a significant improvement.
I started videoing the strikes at about the 18-20 minute mark. Some of them are pretty good.

So start with extremely low expectations and in parts you could be pleasantly surprised!
Also be sure to locate the forward skip button as some of it is boring AF.

Thought I would start with a friendly audience before I send it to my buddies who are in it :))

Well we got back from our annual central coast fishing trip and this year I had taken quite a bit of video. So I put it together over the last week and got it finished tonight.

It’s totally amateur. In parts the sound is poor but generally the sound is slightly worse than that. Although when compared to the camera work the audio seems quite good!

If you were to watch it you would have to put up with my droll voiceover for 15 mins. But then I give up on that which is a significant improvement.
I started videoing the strikes at about the 18-20 minute mark. Some of them are pretty good.

So start with extremely low expectations and in parts you could be pleasantly surprised!

Thought I would start with a friendly audience before I send it to my buddies who are in it :))

This video will easily get into the hundreds of millions of views. Nice job!

Hey that was pretty entertaining. You guys were sure having a great time!

Last edited:
For the ling cod were you using too mounted hooks? Slow pitch jigging? Just watched the first 15!
Yes. Top mounted. Gets less snags on the bottom. Sometimes you can feel the ling hitting it a couple of times until they grab a hook. But when it is dropping half the time the hooks are at the back trailing behind the jig as it darts left or right.

Would be good to put one on each end but I don’t think that would be legal in BC…

Last edited:
Watched it from beginning to end. Whew! Interesting to see places I would like to visit some day. You guys did quite well fishing new places every day that were probably unfamiliar to you.

Back