Hydraulic Steering System

sir-vivor

Well along with the engine, I'm told I need to put in a hydraulic system , which I don't have . I have looked at all the treats and continue to considered the used helms and rams out there but think I might just go new. I would like to go Seastar and a kit recommended by a dealership is the Seastar 1.7 @ $2100 dollars pre taxes (includes everything,) , a bit pricey ?

I wondering if there is other NEW options for less , I don't need a Lambo if I can get a NEW Porsche.

Was wondering what you guys have on your rigs, could you please help me with some info if your running a Seastar and over 200HP

Eng size
Seastar Helm #
Seastar Ram #
or if Ya bought as a kit, Seastar Kit #

Thanks Everyone !
(PS yes I posted another thread close to this one but asking for mfg preferences now getting to the nitty gritty (don't know if the spelling is correct didn't go to Skewl long enough to learnd it lol )

Last edited:
there are other companies that make hydraulic stering systems, Uflex, Mophorn, Hydrodrive Consderably cheaper, but made offshore. Hydraulic steering for outboards are relativly simple systems, I would look for one that you could add another stering station at the stern in the future. Depending on your boat the ram's rods are subjected to various amount of salt water and need to be made of stainless, I know seastar are but don't know about the others. I would have no problems using a suitable used sea star as parts are readily available.

Went new , if ya guys are looking for Seastar Hydraulics systems hit up ship happens , great deal and very knowledgeable boat guy, oh ya and found out he repaires Evenrude/ Johnson's , and probably most others,
Thanks Seth, nice ta meet ya !
Welcome to SFBC need guys like you to keep us going haha

Attachments

• 20210121_121252.jpg
    20210121_121252.jpg
    356.4 KB · Views: 54
Went new , if ya guys are looking for Seastar Hydraulics systems hit up ship happens , great deal and very knowledgeable boat guy, oh ya and found out he repaires Evenrude/ Johnson's , and probably most others,
What kit ya got and how much was it
About to buy

Seastar 1.7 V , basically the the hc5345-3 ram and a hh5271-3 front mount 1.7 cu inch helm and 18' hoses

Well along with the engine, I'm told I need to put in a hydraulic system , which I don't have . I have looked at all the treats and continue to considered the used helms and rams out there but think I might just go new. I would like to go Seastar and a kit recommended by a dealership is the Seastar 1.7 @ $2100 dollars pre taxes (includes everything,) , a bit pricey ?

I wondering if there is other NEW options for less , I don't need a Lambo if I can get a NEW Porsche.

Was wondering what you guys have on your rigs, could you please help me with some info if your running a Seastar and over 200HP

Eng size
Seastar Helm #
Seastar Ram #
or if Ya bought as a kit, Seastar Kit #

Thanks Everyone !
(PS yes I posted another thread close to this one but asking for mfg preferences now getting to the nitty gritty (don't know if the spelling is correct didn't go to Skewl long enough to learnd it lol )
994E9CCC-5260-4FE7-B725-A00E5B6718CD.png

nice find Houston
Best deal I could find. Although I had a kit from Amazon.ca all in for 1300 and they canceled it and said issue with my card.. called Credit card company. They say no issues here. Go to buy it again and they took them down. Called Amazon said prices are subject to change with out notice
New price 1600 plus tax. Dirty dirty
Some guys are getting a shop to make the hoses ya need 3 if single helm I think If using a rear helm as well you can avoid using the add a helm kit and go strait in and out of the rear helm with a couple of fitting. No t in hoses BBCE90E3-A3AA-440C-AF26-39E4C85458B7.jpeg

Last edited:

Your welcome. Nice to meet you too. Well see you soon

I would give the same deal to the forum members.

2 grand tax in for forum members. Unless your one of the guys who said something negative about my K&C boat I have for sale :D

Thats Seatsar 1.7 helm kit with hoses. Comes with oil

I have 9 in stock. Have to specify hose length. If hose length exceeds 20ft, maybe an additional charge

Best deal I could find. Although I had a kit from Amazon.ca all in for 1300 and they canceled it and said issue with my card.. called Credit card company. They say no issues here. Go to buy it again and they took them down. Called Amazon said prices are subject to change with out notice
New price 1600 plus tax. Dirty dirty
Some guys are getting a shop to make the hoses ya need 3 if single helm I think If using a rear helm as well you can avoid using the add a helm kit and go strait in and out of the rear helm with a couple of fitting. No t in hoses View attachment 60940
Wow, u got luckey ,should have bought a dozen. Here is what I found on Amazon and after price of hoses, taxes, lub you still into it for more than $2000 now , so think I got a good deal at $2000 all in. Oh and good luck on warranty or insurance issues should you have a failure due to non seastar hoses .

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210123-093913_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20210123-093913_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 13
  • Screenshot_20210123-093808_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20210123-093808_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Wow, u got luckey ,should have bought a dozen. Here is what I found on Amazon and after price of hoses, taxes, lub you still into it for more than $2000 now , so think I got a good deal at $2000 all in. Oh and good luck on warranty or insurance issues should you have a failure due to non seastar hoses .
No luck at all. They screwed me
Wtf the HK6400 kit has gone up 700 in last 2 months on Amazon

Last edited:
No luck at all. They screwed me
Wtf the HK6400 kit has gone up 700 in last 2 months on Amazon
Oh crap , thought u got it , damn at that price would have been a good deal to get 12 and sell them, make at least $400 a unit lol. Tight lines

Back