Husky/Mohawk boat gas

quote:Originally posted by excalibur

I just asked our Husky district manager about the marked marine gas at Husky and Mohawk stations. I am in the interior of the province however. The marked (marine) gas available in the Kamloops region is premium unleaded then marked (dyed) as marine fuel. There is no ethanol in that fuel. This info. is 2 hrs. old.

Just inquired about marine fuel sold at Sewells Marina and I was told their marine gas ( Mid Grade ) does not have ethanol in it. Hope it is true. Good news for those of us fueling up in the West Vancouver Howe Sound area.

Interesting that excalibur mentions the marine gas in Kamloops as being "premium" grade. Another thread on BCSF was mentioning that the higher Octane in premium grade gas( above 87) is not very good for the older outboards (from the 80's and 90's) and even early 2000's from my understanding. These motors are meant to run on regular 87 Octane apparently.

Higher octane will not hurt an engine. Only using to low a rating will.

quote:Originally posted by profisher

Higher octane will not hurt an engine. Only using to low a rating will.

I agree with this but I did read somewhere on this site that high octane can cause problems in some outboards....I agree I had never thought that to be true. Who knows, many things on here need discussion/confirmation before I can beleive I guess.

There is a fuel stabilizer/conditioner called Seafoam. It keeps carbs nice and clean and prevents rubbers from rotting. Available at NAPA

quote:Originally posted by moe

There is a fuel stabilizer/conditioner called Seafoam. It keeps carbs nice and clean and prevents rubbers from rotting. Available at NAPA

Is it free of ethanol? I understand many of the non-marine stabilizers have ethanol in them.

Marine fuel stabiliser also available at all Canadian Tire stores. In Nanaimo, Harbour Chandler and Skippers Marine also have it.

To much water, too little time

Back