Stupid gas corporate decision

Cuba if your heading south the little gas station before fanny bay oysters marine gas is always ten cents cheaper than regular and the regular Is usually 4 to 5 cents cheaper than in town they even still have the old school pumps that you pay inside for I always stop there before going to tribune

A marine fuel location has significantly more expences than a traditional land based facility. Many of the smaller seasonal locations have a very short window to generate revenue from fuel . There are many incremental costs associated with marine fuel transfer. Hose testing, meter testing, DFO compliance, Transport Canada regulations if you are deemed an Oil Handling Facility etc,etc, etc. If boaters do not support local marine fuel locations they will continue to close down and fuel will be more and more difficult to find which has been the case over the last 15 years. We hear complaints all the time about how hard it is to find fuel up and down the coast.

You working for the oil companies??? I am referring to LAND BASED stations like the Courtenay Husky station-- no extra costs there--

Checked out the Shell station at the bottom of Mission Hill it was 130.9 regular and 125.9 marine or marked. I thought the spread was about ten cents as well, apparently not the case. But I guess five cents is better then par.;) eman

Checked out the Shell station at the bottom of Mission Hill it was 130.9 regular and 125.9 marine or marked. I thought the spread was about ten cents as well, apparently not the case. But I guess five cents is better then par.;) eman
Its only been about 5-7 cents difference for years in the Valley.

I thought the marine fuel was usually mid-grade (89 octane) rather than regular (87 octane). Wouldn't that make the spread a lot greater if you do a mid grade to mid grade comparison?

I thought the marine fuel was usually mid-grade (89 octane) rather than regular (87 octane). Wouldn't that make the spread a lot greater if you do a mid grade to mid grade comparison?

Got to read when at the pump some say mid. some say premium then the others just post octane levels.

Back