Humane Society of the United States encouraging boycott Canadian seafood,

MILLERTIME

Humane Society of the United States encouraging boycott Canadian seafood,

September 21, 2011

KG - NY Restaurant Group Joins The HSUS to Protect Seals

The Humane Society of the United States is pleased to announce that KG-NY Restaurant Group has joined the Protect Seals boycott of Canadian seafood. By encouraging restaurants, chefs and consumers to boycott Canadian seafood, The Humane Society of the United States intends to convince Canada's fishing industry to stop participating in and supporting the commercial seal slaughter each spring off the East Coast.

KG-NY’s Chef Kurt Gutenbrunner was quick to point out how indefensible the seal slaughter really is, “Clubbing and shooting baby seals for fashion is an abomination that should not be tolerated. I’m honored to support The Humane Society of the United States’ Protect Seals campaign and to do my part to bring an end to this tragedy.”

Highly-lauded Chef Gutenbrunner is the chef & co-owner of NYC's Wallsé, Café Sabarsky, Blaue Gans, Cafe Kristall, and the Upholstery Store and the author of "Neue Cuisine: The Elegant Tastes of Vienna." Chef Gutenbrunner's contemporary Austrian cuisine and his great love of art have earned him numerous rave reviews in the NY Times, resulted in him being awarded the highly coveted Michelin Star Rating, and secured him a spot among the luminaries in NYC's culinary world.

“The Humane Society of the United States is honored that Chef Gutenbrunner and the KG-NY Restaurant Group have joined the ever-growing list of individuals, restaurants and corporations that are saying enough is enough; the Canadian commercial seal slaughter must end now,” said John Grandy, Ph.D., HSUS senior vice president of wildlife.

KG- NY Restaurant Group (kg-ny.com) joins an impressive list of restaurant groups across the United States that are boycotting Canadian seafood until Canada ends its annual commercial slaughter of seal pups.

Throughout the United States, Canada and Europe, support for the boycott is growing with more than 5,500 restaurants and grocery stores participating.

http://www.humanesociety.org/news/p...ny_restaurant_group_protect_seals_092111.html

Hopefully the boycott will include farmed salmon.

That really pisses me off why do people care so much about the seals? It's not like we are pushing them anywhere near the endangered list. We should promise to double the seal hunt unless they end the boycott. I don't care if they are cute some of our northern communities absolutelty depend on the seal hunt and as humans we kill millions of cute animals each year for different reasons. Why did the humane society have to pick seals why not boycott everything from china because they are wipin out all the sharks? Oh thats right sharks are scary, seals are cute.

Actually maybe we can use this to our advantage somebody send that article about the 130 sea lions killed by fish farms to the humane society

Last edited by a moderator:
That should create less demand for our halibut so it will be more valuable as a tourist attraction, hence more quota for sportfishing.

I would hope the humane society would get on board with how inhumane it is to keep a salmon in a pen for its entire life, fed a diet of pellets and antibiotics.
Tormented by seals and sea lions around the predator net..trying to get in to feed.
They have no idea of how many (LOTS) of seals are shot around fish farms. : )
Then the salmon are finally fed food coloring to color the meat and make it appetizing for people.
Disease is rampant in any animal of fish that is in a confined small environment.

That is why I hunt and fish... don't want to eat that sh*t

The problem is the press getting involved and blowing it out to the whole world.
the rest of the world view this hunt as cruel and intolerable.
they don't care about the dynamics or the ecological balance.

keep the press away, carry on the hunt out of the public eye, and no more problem.

The problem is the press getting involved and blowing it out to the whole world.

Standard Scare Tactics ops from the HSUS. This is one of their most reliable tactics, and one they have honed to near perfection. Amongst the Real Managers in this world, they are known as "Crazies" and their antics often live up to that particular label. Have had many run-ins with them over the years.

That said, it is an effective tool, as a great many of the Sheeple look no further than the Drivel HSUS and like-minded organizations spoon feed them.

Nog

Back