How to Take Numbers Off Boat

yea, there is a rubber attachment that goes on your drill, works really good. Not sure what its called, you should be able to get it at any automotive parts store.

nootkalasttrip015.jpg

I would start with a hot hair blower/dryer than proceed to WD40 to take off the sticky residue........ worked well for me when I had to revove the Oregon registration numbers off of my boat. :) SS

seaswirlstiper.jpg

Yeah ... the Eraser wheel made by 3M is what we use in the bodyshop to remove stripes, decals and moulding adhesive tape when repairing damaged vehicles.

Works extremely well ... just be careful on rpm's as you can burn painted surfaces if you've got it wound out fully (can't hurt gelcoat) ... a nice slow revolution ... enought to peel the adhesive is all it takes. Just like using an eraser in grade school.

You can buy them through Lordco or any auto supply place that carries bodyshop supplies ... 3m is just one brand.

Took the decal off my boat with a heat gun and plastic scraper. Heat just enough so the edge lifts and the decal will peel right off -- if you apply heat just in front of where it's peeling.

TenMile
<'((((><

I had to do the same thing a few months ago. Blow dryer and a plastic scraper worked for me. Plus a little rubbing alcohol to clean up the tough spots.

I had to do that to an Oregon boat last year...had the boat in the driveway to wash it and the sun was shining. There was enough warmth from the sun to enable me to peel them off by hand. I would think a blow dryer would be enough heat, and safer than a heat gun.

Back