How Is Bamfield Area?

B

BentGaff

Hello Fellow Fishermen!!!
Heading out to Bamfield soon and it sounds like MANY of you are catching fish and have good advice. If you have any on the Bamfield area I along with others would love to here it.
Cheers
Good Luck and Happy Fishing.
:)

20 mile was producing limits on all relevant species on the weekend and it was calm. Closer in was scratchy at best.

We are planning to come up for the first week of August. I haven't been up for several years now but we used to put the boat in at the public launch in Grappler and then tie up at the public wharf. Does anyone have a better suggestion for a 17.5 Double Eagle? One of the private marinas in the main channel?
T2

The outside Bank, aka Big Bank, is on FIRE!!
Easy limits of flat ones, and so much chrome around you'll NEED sunglasses!!
Inside has a few fish, I'd look at Cree/Austin, Meares Bluff and Kirby for the shiney ones.
That said, outside is Where It's At as of late.

Enjoy!!:D

Cheers,
Nog

Thanks for all the great fishing advice!

I'm going to Bamfield this coming weekend too- is anyone aware if there are any good locations to put out a crab trap??

Also, way planning on anchoring my boat and maybe camping- last time i noticed some nice spots on beaches, but can people camp on the beaches anywhere other than designated camping sites?

Sarita Bay, Keeha Bay and Pachena are your best bet's for crab, Brady's beach can give up a few. I wouldn't recommend leaving them over night anywhere but Keeha though. Even be ready to fight for your dungies in Pachena.

You could even get a couple of terd munchers right out of Bamfield inlet itself even. You may however, find it somewhat disconcerting to see it clutching an old tampon when the trap comes up!

For red rocks you could likely try any of the smaller bays on the islands.

As far as camping on the beach goes, as long as you are not in the Broken Group you can camp on any of the beaches you want. In the Broken Group you are SUPPOSED to stay at the designated spots...

Hey Nog,
Any big shiney ones out there? What is the best fishing tecnique? Thanks for the tips!!!
:)
BG

IronNoggin,
I have a 16.5 ft Double Eagle with a 60 hp motor, 8 hp kicker, GPS Chart plotter, fish finder, VHF, compass, Hand held GPS for back up, do you think I could run out to Big Bank on a good day and monitor the weather on the radio?
Or is 7 mile about as far you would go?
Thanks Steve41
PS I have been to 7 mile. Staying at Bamfield.

quote:Originally posted by Osama Bin Hopper
You could even get a couple of terd munchers right out of Bamfield inlet itself even. You may however, find it somewhat disconcerting to see it clutching an old tampon when the trap comes up!

My son and i had the best belly laugh we've had in a long time
over that comment Osama:D

Has bait been producing the best results. If so are most people using anchoivies or herring? Are people catching halibut trolling out at the big bank and can most people use spoons to catch these as well. Thanks
Tight Lines

Back