How Far is Your Flasher Behind the Clip?

I would say 12 feet. I I used to go much further but after seeing guys nail them with much less I shortened up. I know some guys that nail fish with 6 feet and thats all they ever fish. I go short if stacking.

I find that if I want my rod tips to have a really tight arc to them to see those micro bites, shorter from the clip will facilitate this. Longer if stacking for chinook, on the bottom rod at least.

Hootchies around 8’
Spoons/bait ~15
Plugs 20-25 depending on other boat traffic.
If I’m stacking low rod is tighter top rod further out depending on clip spread

for starters anyway sometimes go further back shallow and pull tighter deep.
Nailed it

Bait 40-50 ft, hardware 5ft, cut plug in 50ft of water or less, 20ft

Rubber = 6ft
Spoons = 15ft
Bait = 50ft (sometimes 60-70ft when fishing for Robertson Creek Chinook in the sound).

Always staggered. I never fish my 3 riggers the same distance back....I want some separation so when fishing them close depth wise the flasher on one rod doesn't spook a fish looking at a bait on the other. So like today...fishing 40, 45 and 50ft. 50ft rigger was the middle and I run it farthest back...probably 50ft. The one at 45 on my starboard side the closest to the boat at 15-20 ft....so only 5 ft apart depth wise but the biggest separation front to back. The port rigger at 40ft down maybe 30 ft back so 10 ft separation from the 50ft rigger in depth and 20ft in front to back. I don't change for bait, spoons or hootchies...only leader lengths change. When I run plugs in Barkley or Nootka...as far back as I can get away with without fear of getting cut off by other boats.

Always staggered. I never fish my 3 riggers the same distance back....I want some separation so when fishing them close depth wise the flasher on one rod doesn't spook a fish looking at a bait on the other. So like today...fishing 40, 45 and 50ft. 50ft rigger was the middle and I run it farthest back...probably 50ft. The one at 45 on my starboard side the closest to the boat at 15-20 ft....so only 5 ft apart depth wise but the biggest separation front to back. The port rigger at 40ft down maybe 30 ft back so 10 ft separation from the 50ft rigger in depth and 20ft in front to back. I don't change for bait, spoons or hootchies...only leader lengths change. When I run plugs in Barkley or Nootka...as far back as I can get away with without fear of getting cut off by other boats.
That post can be pinned at the top. Makes so much sense.

Aces good…..except maybe a short leash when running the rocks and kelp lines…..or in heavy traffic….. some of those rocks…are…popular…. and for good reasons…531E357D-933F-4AC6-AADE-02DD148733A2.jpeg

Back