hobiton, tsusiat, squalicum

S

saltybeaver

Anybody ever ventured out to or heard of these lakes? or do I have to find out myself?
Chris

Wetbeaver we might have a adventure coming up!

Hobiton and tsusiat lakes are near to nitnat and yes this does seem like it would be an adventure. Both of these lakes you have to portage into with many obsticles along the way. Im in salty anytime after december. Maybe we should start planning this right now and make it into a few day trip, i know you have all those banked up hours you need to use, and lord knows i will after this christmas season. Not sure were squalicum lake is to me it sounds more like an indian reserve are you sure this lake is for real.The trail you use to access these lakes is called the nitnat triangle. Monster trees!!!!

Fished those lakes back in the 50's with my Dad and his friends (he was 2nd cook at the old Moore - Whittington camp at the foot of Nitinat lake until 1955)
There were huge cutthroats in those lakes and all we ever fished with was worms and a bobber , was one hell of hike in there , salal was ugly anf the undergrowth tough going; we broke apart the rods and got into deer trails under the salal to make better time was hard on the back I can tell you !

AL

Back