Herring Sale

looks like the Richmond one is already sold out for Saturday. anyone know if there will be another sale there?

Not sure from the notice it looks like they took a very small amount of quota this year for the food fishery.

Looks like all is a go. Bound for Steveston to offload from the looks of it.

I just spoke to Finest at Sea in Victoria and confirmed that the herring sale tomorrow starts at 9:00 am. The poster above showing 7:00 am start is in error.

I'll be there at noon if anyone want's to slash my tires or take a swing.

Stopping in at PNT for some retirement delaying as well.

I picked some up this morning,smaller than usual,but the halibut won't care. Long line when I was there.

Great well organized event and of course all to a worthy cause. I have attended most years and my experience is to spend the time to brine and freezer pack your herring if intended for quality bait. Well worth the effort other wise by the time your ready for use and thaw they will turn quickly to mush. Just my experience.

Great well organized event and of course all to a worthy cause. I have attended most years and my experience is to spend the time to brine and freezer pack your herring if intended for quality bait. Well worth the effort other wise by the time your ready for use and thaw they will turn quickly to mush. Just my experience.
What do you brine them with?

Back