Help finding my next/last boat.

Thanks guys,not much of a drinker anymore,but would gladly bring a box of your choice.And gas money of course.No leads on a boat yet,I guess everybody is gearing up to finally keep a fish.I sold a boat a couple of years ago just before fishing opened up and had to ride out the season without a boat because I didn't think there would be buyers after the season,no fun.

Now that I've sold my 185 DE I'll be looking for my next and very likely my last boat (REALLY). I can't afford to go out and buy a new boat in the size I want ,so looking for a used 21 to 26 Ft. boat with outboard or possibly shaft drive single main motor.No IO outdrive boats will be considered.I don't mind older boats if they've been well cared for and have newer power on them. My comfort level for price is under $60K but will consider much lower price boats of course.If you know of someone considering selling ,please PM (start a conversation) with me.I appreciate above average condition and I'm willing to pay a premium to get it.Thanks,Ray
Just wanted to give my 2 cents here as I have had both a 21' Campion Explorer and a 26' Seaport. Both were great but very different boats.

21 Campion Explorer 602 was 4.3L Mercruiser stern drive. Tandem trailer and about 5600 pounds loaded for towing.
was great for fishing and a couple nights for 2 people. About 5 GPH gas at 30mph
Had 4 10 years and took all over Vancouver island. Sooke, Nootka, Campbell River, Port Alberni

26 Seaport was Volvo diesel, triple axle aluminum trailer and about 9500 pounds loaded for towing. Had a dinghy with 4hp on top for shore excursions. Was great for fishing and extended overnights and cruising for 2 or 3 people. About 4.5 GPH diesel at 25mph.
Had 5 years and took around the bottom of the island to Bamfield. However due to size was too big for me to tow to Nootka so missed doing that.
Ferry would have been very expensive too with about 54 feet truck and trailer and overnight. Campion was just under 7' and could go on the car deck.

I don't think I spent more than $1000 a year on maintenance and insurance on the Campion and could park it in my driveway. Could tow with my Jeep.
The Seaport was more like $5000 a year as all costs were higher (Volvo parts), insurance was double, and had to leave it in a marina yard as too big to take home. Think it was about 35 feet long on the trailer. I also needed a truck with brake controller for the Electric brakes.
Personally I would not get a boat older than 2000. Building processes drastically changed around then. The Campion was 2004 and had no wood in it and they used the vacuum bagging technique for hatches and things. Strong and light.
If you get a good quality boat that has a good reputation and take care of it you will probably get close to your money back when it comes time to sell..

So you need to decide what is important and what you want to do with the boat. I used to be hard core fishing but have now morphed into more cruising with occasional fishing. I now have a Commander 30 and can take the family for a week in comfort and fish when we want but costs again go up exponentially as now have to keep in the water and have 2 Volvo drives.
Best of luck in your search!

Attachments

• IMG_5314.JPG
    IMG_5314.JPG
    399.6 KB · Views: 68
  • P1020424.JPG
    P1020424.JPG
    489.7 KB · Views: 66
There’s an outboard Monaro 21 at the Monaro factory website: preowned Monaros. Asking $22K. Too small for my needs.

I just couldnt do it it needs to be fitting with downriggers and for that age. would need a brand new outboard. Thing wasnt loved. My boats get the full deal and I don take anything out of them when I sell them.

Bump.I know everybody is out this time of year using their boat,but I'm also sure there must be boat owners out there that can't use them for one reason or another and consider selling.Leads would be appreciated,there's nothing on "Craigslist"etc.Thanks

Bump.I know everybody is out this time of year using their boat,but I'm also sure there must be boat owners out there that can't use them for one reason or another and consider selling.Leads would be appreciated,there's nothing on "Craigslist"etc.Thanks

I hear ya. been looking HARD. Slim pickings.

Looks in good shape, too old ?

on facebook, I can't share the page, I tried a few times it's not letting me link it. But look up pnw boats for sale/wanted and there is a 22 seasport podded with a 225 honda. Looks super clean and decently priced too. Borders open for americans to come up here as long as vaccinated. Maybe the states will reciprocate soon and seize the opportunity to run down there and grab it. I believe it's just across the border. Looks like a good deal.

Back