Helly Hansen Armour Reviews?

therise

Looking at buying some new rain gear. I went cheap last time with the Viking stuff and it didn't last a year.

I am looking at the Helly Hansen Armor Jacket and Bibs. I really like the inner neopreme cuff in the jacket and how durable it is.

I am between this style or the Impertech line.

Anyone own a set of either or both?

I have the HH amour rain jacket that's a blue-green colour with the Orange inner. It's real good, only downside no exterior pockets, I like the overlap snap front, it's always 100% water proof and breathable. I've had the jacket for 7 years. Got HH bib Pants this year for warmer weather at HC on sale 50% off. My winter bib pants are made by Mustang. My fav bargain brand are the Wetskins sold at Costco. Jacket and pants (not bib) set sells for $59-$69. My buddy likes HH winter lined oil patch bib pants and jacket in blue, sold at Marks. His are 5 years old and still great.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had the HH bib pants Impertech got 8 years out of them prawning, crabbing 30-40 days fishing all summer loved them . Just bought a new pair, but be careful the new ones are made in China, the old ones that are discontinued are made in Canada, you can still find some though at marks. :p

I've owned both for many years now. I like the impertech line for warmer days. It doesn't breath though. The armour line is bulletproof. Some people say it stains and doesn't wash good but I have had no problems with that. Machine wash cold and hang to dry. Those neoprene cuffs are the bomb. I've always been a Helly fan but the newer Gage line by Grundens is growing and starting to look interesting. I know a few folks that have the Gage stuff and they seem happy with it.

Back