Heading to Gambier Island ** any fish up that way***

Staylor

Hey Guys,

Heading to Gambier Island for the weekend and don't really want to make the run down to the Vancouver harbor each day. Any thoughts on were to go that is somewhat close. Back side of Bowen? Haven't heard of much action up that way. Maybe I'm wrong.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Tay

Have heard that people fish off the Grace Islets off gambier, and fish are caught off Hutt Island off Bowen Island.

Fished it a lot... lived in Gibsons for 8yrs.... Fish from the Gambier Dock down to the south east side of Trail Is.. Where the ferry rounds for Langdale... Fish the bottom in 130-200ft, Anchovie is best... its about 140ft off Gambier Dock, nice and sandy... There is fish there all the time... but not lots... Make sure your fishing the Gambier Dock side and not the New Brighten Dock side where the foot passenger ferry goes....

Hutt is good between the Island and the marker to the South... its a big ditch with a shelf towards the Bowen Island side( east of Hutt )The ditch and the shelf can be good but its not forgiving, a little more rocky, keep an eye on your chartplotter..

Salmon Rock off the South Tip of Keats can be good and my favorite is Gower Point... The most Southern Tip of Gibsons... Get into 200ft and fish South of the Point towards Roberts Creek... The Point extends way further than you think, but the fish lay on the south side where its a bit deeper..

You will also find some coho off of Gower Pt... used to be a Hot Spot back in the Day.... ( Wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy Back )

Thanks Peterman

I may be up Howe sound this weekend to if I can swing it. Do you think there will still be any pink around that area now.

Other option is 17 mile run to QA or Bellbouy.

Are there likely to be any prawns this time of year? You can PM me with details if you like.

Weather should be awesome.

Eastpoint

There will be a few prawns.... again off of Grace Is is good... 240-330ft basically on the ferry track.. either side of the Island will produce but its not as good as winter time.....Grace is also known as Twin Is on the chart... Center Bay on Gambier holds prawns... the NE point on Keats is Ok as well as Collingwood Channel between Bowen and Keats close to Hutt Is.. Is wont be spectacular though...

Another Option is Chaster Beach, which is basically Just before The Camp Bing sign on th way to Robersts Creek... There should be some Coho / Pinks and Springs waiting to go up.. its about 15min run from the Gibson's marina.. Maybe some crab there but it gets hit pretty hard..

Back