HAS ANY ONE FISHED ENGLISHEDMAN RIVER LATELY

H

HEY MAN

MOST INTERESTED IN SEA RUN CUTTIES (RIVER FISHING IN GENERAL FOR TROUT). BEEN OUT OF THE LOOP FOR MOST OF THE YEAR WITH A
INJURY,LOOKING FOR INFO ON MID-ISLAND RIVERS OR LAKES FOR TROUT.

quote:Originally posted by HEY MAN

MOST INTERESTED IN SEA RUN CUTTIES (RIVER FISHING IN GENERAL FOR TROUT). BEEN OUT OF THE LOOP FOR MOST OF THE YEAR WITH A
INJURY,LOOKING FOR INFO ON MID-ISLAND RIVERS OR LAKES FOR TROUT.IT IS THE ENGLISHMAN RIVER IAM REQUESTING INFO ON,THANKS.

Try the Big Q.. there is some fantastic steelhead fishing to be had there and they stock it with the Big Q hatchery. I've been there a couple times and had a blast.

BTW my freind was telling me he took his quad around the gates at the englishman and drove around and saw 6 different bucks. A few deer around there. If your a hunter...

I fished below the falls back in August, two tiny Rainbows and that was it, the water was very low then. I suspect the lower part of the river would be your best bet for cutts. I caught 15 in the Kitimat River two weeks ago, biggest was 17 inches.

Cheers

GMac

THANKS FOR THE INFORMATION WILL CERTAINLY TAKE ADVANTAGE OF IT. wENT TO ECHO LAKE/FULLER LAKE ON THE WEEKEND WITH HUGE SUCCESS.PLENTY OF BIGGER SIZED TROUT COMPARED TO LAKES AROUND NANAIMO.CHECH OUT REPLY I SENT TO THE GUY WITH THE TOPIC 'LAKES'

Why post so much about a small struggling stream with limited fishing areas. Do you guys like competing on these small rivers? my 0.02

Maybe you didnt notice but there hasent been anything wrong with the posts in this topic, except for robs maybe but just about everyone here knows its a BS post so dont take it to heart. And unless the masses are going to hunt down the 4 coho that riverhunter saw, i wouldnt worry about it.

quote:Originally posted by kelly

Why post so much about a small struggling stream with limited fishing areas. Do you guys like competing on these small rivers? my 0.02
HEY KELLY IF YOU NOTICED THE TOPIC HEADING "ENGLISHEDMAN RIVER" .I WANTED TO WRITE FINISHED ENGLISHMAN RIVER,IM JUST AN ANGLER TRYING TO BE A LITTLE OPTIMISTIC THAT ONE DAY THE RIVER WILL REVERT TO HUGE RETURNS.THANKS FOR THE REPLY.

Nothing wrong with fishing it at all as long as your careful. Nothing wrong with this post but im just saying the word does spread quickly and if people start posting how great of day they had ect..... its up to the poster though. I think they should expand the hatch and bring the river back to what it once was ie more than 10 steelhead. Numbers are increasing slightly without that much work going on. Hey man dont follow on the englishedman? Maybe i should go look for all those steelies on the big q:D Rob sure they werent salmon?

I wa sthere in the last week before school starts with my friend and we scouted the area with masks and senn like 10 stellies we got out and set up our rids and nutting
made us really mad i thought we could of got sumthing
Just curious what colors should you use I used a popsicle fly on a 8wt and my friend used a bloodworm

NO FISHING – All Rivers in Area 14
Pursuant to Variation Order 2006-489

Effective 00:01 October 26, 2006 until November 15, 2006, there is an angling closure to all fin fish in rivers in Area 14 from the Oyster River to Englishman River, inclusive. Currently, the river flows are extremely low. This closure is to prevent any disruption to spawning activities and recognize that fish are at jeopardy due to stress of holding and are vulnerable to human activity.

No angling (no fishing) in the following river systems in Management Area 14

Oyster River, Black Creek, Little River, Puntledge River, Trent River, Tsable River, Qualicum River, Little Qualicum River, Rosewall Creek, Nile Creek, French Creek, Englishman River (Region 1).

Fisheries & Oceans Canada http://www.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/recfish/Freshwater

Yeah i agree RH, Lots of the rivers that havn't been as busy recently are gonna see a lot more pressure with the closures even though there not doing any better as far as water levels go.It might be helping the closed rivers but only making it worse for the ones that arent.

quote:Originally posted by bigguns

I wa sthere in the last week before school starts with my friend and we scouted the area with masks and senn like 10 stellies we got out and set up our rids and nutting
made us really mad i thought we could of got sumthing
Just curious what colors should you use I used a popsicle fly on a 8wt and my friend used a bloodworm
They werent steelhead this river doesnt get runs like that and this time of year. They were prob salmon or trout(cutts bows).

then they might of been cutties but they were pretty big
but who knows they kept on swimming away from us so we couldn't see that well oh well next summer going diving with two ppls to study the area:D[:p]:)

no they werent chum
but when the river re-opens we stay at the big tent campsite so in that area where is the hot spots up river or down to the ocean??

thx mike

nice spot to camp but as kelly says, the river is in bad shape the best advise i would give is take the time and drive to the Q and give the old man a rest

Back