halibut sunday

Thinking of going out for halibut on sunday morning weather permiting . Not sure where to go Border bank , Albert head , William head ,or Contance bank east , west , north , or south ? Not looking for gps # just want some general advice . e-mail me if you rather thanks for any help . I was thinking SE Contance ?????[8D]

at this point the forecast is for southeast sunday a.m.
which may hamper the efforts, however i have heard Constance
has been giving up some flatfish on the right tides !

I agree w/LC & RS,and would look again at these...friends caught some at race rks.
http://www.dairiki.org/tides/daily.php/jua/2007-02-25
scroll down in these...
http://www.atmos.washington.edu/data/marine_report.html
http://www.weatheroffice.ec.gc.ca/forecast/textforecast_e.html?Bulletin=fqcn13.cwvr.
find a spot w/deep close by...early fish move thru the deep and into shallow spots to eat. Good Luck! Be Careful, with the snow so low, (down to the beach) on the US side it could really blow harder than they call for. Of course they'll upgrade the forecast when it hits.[xx(]

thanks for the replys i know the tides are only good from daybreak till about 11:00 but it is better then nothing and i am watching weather big wave dave , LastChance i have never fished race so im not to sure about that area ??? thanks again .

I'll be out there weather permitting. Daybreak til 11 or so. Tides look until then but when it turns it will pick up fast.

Tips

Looks like gales and rain for the weekend there is lots of time yet to go get hali all the reports I have heard is there is one here and one there and a few trips of being skunked nothing hot yet it is a little early yet when the herring really start the run and then the return back out is when I have found it to be really good oooppps just gave another one of my secrets away.

Get the honey do lists done and away so when it really gets good you can go with out debate all YOU married guys know what I am saying LOL LOL LOL

You guys are so over anxious remember it wasnt until the late 90s we wernt allowed out there until april 1 because it was all closed to fishing and we all said it was too early then!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wolf

I've startd on my spring work already. Earning as many pre fishing points with the women as I can. I do what I must. But if it came down to choosing... I am afraid im going to miss her. Most of my stuff with fit in the boat anyways.:D

Sunday am was a nice break in the weather. Very calm all the way to Constance with a few rollers. As predicted the tides were slow and variable until around 10 then picked up quickly. Pulled anchor at 11:00 when the wind and tides picked up. Bit of a rough ride from the yellow can in.

No hali for us. Did not see or hear of any either.
Any one else get out??

Word to newbies. Stick to your plans. Check the weather, tides and currents and play it safe. It was still calm and fishable at the bank but had really picked up close to shore. We stuck to our plan and had no problems. Another 1/2 hour and it would have been interesting coming in with my smaller boat.

Tips

I went out to Constance on sunday am too nothing for us either pulled anchor at 10:45 , there was swells from saturdays wind but there was no wind sunday . the ride in was scary with the wake from that big green freighter ,wow were they tall and steep !!!!:(]Seen a few boats between race and pedder any reports from there .

frayedknot...
Did you launch out of Esquimalt Anglers?
You may have launched at the same time as me and come in just before me? We spoke when you pulled out?

Tips

Tips Up yes i launched out of Esquimalt Anglers i had the campion inboard swim grid and yamaha kicker .Two tone brown ford f-250 s cab what were you in .

Frayedknot...
Red and white Double Eagle, black Toyota. I think we were launching when you got there and came in just after you.

Tips

Back