Halibut Seminar

Agreed. I definitely enjoyed the seminar. Great job Rollie and to all the presenters. Picked up a few tips for sure. Was very jealous of the guy who won a pair of high speed Scotties.

Agreed. I definitely enjoyed the seminar. Great job Rollie and to all the presenters. Picked up a few tips for sure. Was very jealous of the guy who won a pair of high speed Scotties.

Sorry Fog Ducker they didn't pull your number.....;)

Thank you guys. It was a lot of fun doing this (for the most part) and it was really nice to see everyone and to meet some of you guys. Sorry I didn't get to mingle with everyone....just to much going on and a bit stressed to keep it all going smoothly. I did sit in the pub afterwards and cut loose a bit with a few guys who hung around afterwards. I encourage anyone who attended to get involved and do similar events in your home towns for similar causes. It is very rewarding and gratifying. It is a lot of work...but truly it doesn't really seem like work. Again thanks to all the helpers, speakers and Martin Paish and Chris Bos for their time and help. I will do another halibut seminar next spring as there were many people who waited to long and couldn't get tickets. I hope everyone learned a thing or two and had a good time. Honestly I learned the most from Chef Gilbert Noussitou....I won't be cooking my steaks on higher heats anymore!!!! Even if it means standing outside in the dark and rain this time of year waiting for them to cook on the lower temps. Again, thanks for your support. Rollie

What a tremendous effort Rollie. Thank you so much. Someday you might have another job as an event organizer. Other than not choosing my ticket I cannot think of anything missing. Thanks.

Thank you guys. It was a lot of fun doing this (for the most part) and it was really nice to see everyone and to meet some of you guys. Sorry I didn't get to mingle with everyone....just to much going on and a bit stressed to keep it all going smoothly. I did sit in the pub afterwards and cut loose a bit with a few guys who hung around afterwards. I encourage anyone who attended to get involved and do similar events in your home towns for similar causes. It is very rewarding and gratifying. It is a lot of work...but truly it doesn't really seem like work. Again thanks to all the helpers, speakers and Martin Paish and Chris Bos for their time and help. I will do another halibut seminar next spring as there were many people who waited to long and couldn't get tickets. I hope everyone learned a thing or two and had a good time. Honestly I learned the most from Chef Gilbert Noussitou....I won't be cooking my steaks on higher heats anymore!!!! Even if it means standing outside in the dark and rain this time of year waiting for them to cook on the lower temps. Again, thanks for your support. Rollie

You sir are a true ambassador to our sport. Please keep up the good work. I will try to do my part in the future as will my son. We were both very motivated by your commitment and passion for the cause.

Cheers,
John

Well done rollie!

Great Job...nice meeting you tonight....yes learned a few good things about cooking the caught also.... :)

He must still be in the pub!! ;)

For sure job well done Rollie and all those who helped out! Sorry I couldn't join you guys afterwards.

Just thought I would pass on the net results of the money raised for the benefit of those who weren't in attendance. After expenses the money going to the Charters River Salmon Interpretive Centre and Hatchery is $12,767.35. Thanks again.

Just thought I would pass on the net results of the money raised for the benefit of those who weren't in attendance. After expenses the money going to the Charters River Salmon Interpretive Centre and Hatchery is $12,767.35. Thanks again.

Great job you guys. All the fundraising we all can do the better our rivers and creeks will be. As we all know we can not count on DFO for Funding and Support.

Back