Halibut Seminar

Okay thanks profisher at the door would be perfect. Do you think there will be plenty of space the day of ,would hate to book a hotel room and drive over from whistler to find it is sold out. Should have booked earlier. My wife and I will come over for the weekend, did you mention a deal on hotel rooms ?

I hate to say it guys but it is everytime the same: the ticket sale started well before Xmas. Dont say you didn't know or didn't have enough time. The organizers did a fantastic job advertising this. You come now a week before when it's sold out? Sorry, then you may have to accept if it's full. I hate to see the experience compromised due to overcrowding because a few always speculate that they will be accepted last second. Maybe some start to realize that there is an enormous amount of work organizing events and that early commitment is the least you can do to help out!

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys, the event is now sold out, and there are no more tickets. Not sure how anyone read from anywhere on here that tickets would be made available at the door. It has been quite consistent throughout...if you are from out of town...you had to mail a cheque to me, I pulled the tickets from the available inventory and I mailed them back to you. I posted my address some time ago so that anyone could mail a cheque right away and then let me know that they had done so with a pm here. The only tickets (may be your confusion) available at the seminar are for the upcoming Sooke Halibut Derby being held on march 17th. They are donating their proceeds to the same cause and therefor it seemed appropriate to give them a venue to help them sell their tickets. All I can say to those who are looking for tickets is that I'm sorry and that we will do this again next spring with a new lineup of guest speakers. I have to keep to a 300 maximum so that the seating is good for everyone. And yes to answer your question FD if you have a ticket there is a seat for you. Seating is first come...doors open at 11:15AM, speakers start at noon. If there is any new 2012 halibut season news to pass on...Martin Paish will take the floor at 11:45 to talk to it before we officially begin. A few of the organizers and sponsors are meeting at 8:30 am in the Taphouse for the breakfast special. A chance to relax and go over last minute details and questions before we start to set up. Thanks to everyone who bought tickets, you have made this a very rewarding and fun job so far. I'll do my best to make sure the 18th is a fun and worthwhile afternoon for for you guys.

BTW, those who I have communicated with and who have mailed me cheques...you will receive your tickets. Those were the last ones available.

Also, guys this is quite the wide room with a legal seating capacity of 500. Even the persons arriving last minute will not have bad seats. However you should know and pass on to anyone you know that has tickets.....the speakers will begin at Noon sharp. We will not wait for late comers as we have to finish and be out of the room to allow the hotel staff to set up for another group who have the room after us. Please pass this around. It does say noon sharp on all the tickets for that reason.

Here are the Tap House Specials for the seminar day. Also just confirmed that beer will be allowed during the seminar. That means I won't have to pay for as much coffee and tea!!!

So does this mean I can bring a couple beers to sip on during the show?

LOL, wow we really have to be "very" clear here when we post!!! ;) No it means there will be beer available there...bring some extra cash if want to sip on a brew.

Rumor has it that Rolly booked 'The June Taylor Dancers' for the opening act! Wow, way cool!

(how many of you older peckers like me remember who they were?)

Good job Rolly and crew!

Aren't they backing up Paul Rodgers next month at the Royal? I also heard his cousin Kenny Rodgers is making a cameo appearance too. ;)

Rob, (aka) DHA has offered up 4- one of a kind lures that he wants auctioned off at the seminar to help raise funds for the Charters Centre. They are called psycho killers and these are not on the market so the winning bidder will have the only ones on the coast. Here is a pic of the lures.

robslures.jpg

Those look cool Rob...

Just a reminder for Saturday guys. There is a breakfast special offered at the hotel from 7-10am. Some of us are going to be there at 8:30 for breakfast and to go over last minute details. Doors open to ticket holders at 11:15. The seminar begins at 12 noon sharp. We can't wait for late comers.

Rollie, your inbox is full.

If my last ticket doesn't arrive tommorrow in time for my departure to Victoria Saturday morning via mail, is there a way to get my buddy for whom the ticket was purchased for, into the seminar, sans ticket?

I understand you must be busy but appreciate your thoughts on this.

Thanks

PM or reply

Nick FB

If you don't get it I need his name for the door guys. Rollie BTW I deleted some old messages too.

I know of a single ticket that someone can't use. PM me for their contact info if you want to attend.

Just got back from the seminar. It was worth going to for sure. A lot of money was raised for a good cause. The presentation by Trotac was good. The presentation by Gord Martin was even better. There were some great raffles, door prizes, and some lucky bugger walked away with nine hundred and something bucks!!!(congrats) from the 50/50 draw. Some great preparation and cooking tips were presented by the head chef at Camosun College. He was the last speaker and we left feeling really hungry lol.

Thank you profisher, all the volunteers, and local businesses for putting on this event.

Cheers,
Sculpin

Great Job Rollie. I think everyone walked away learning something. I think it was about $13000 raised for a good cause.

Back