Halibut Reports 2009 South Island

These aren't true "south island".....but mid-south west island....or whatever you want to call Tofino ;)

All caught trolling anchovies right on bottom with salmon gear (which was the primary target), which made things fun. [8D]

Some shots thru 3 days....not all mine, but from the group we were with.

This guy went 35
IMG_2057-1.jpg

This went 37

IMG_2032-1.jpg

And this is a bit of a lousy picture.....but this went 57 and was a good time, yet fairly long time to bring in. :D

IMG_1934.jpg

And here is a battle with one that broke off when it finally came up. Likely would have been released but it would have appeared to be north of 70#.

IMG_2028.jpg

quote:Originally posted by Mornin Chubby

Just a reminder, when you leave hali's in the water tie'd off to the boat, check the knot![V]

[V] Oooo, ya. That's why I have the wonderfull guys at Redden Net in CR splice eyes into both ends of my hali ropes. Easier to lock onto a cleat. :)

Sorry to hear of your loss...

Jim's Fishing Charters
www.JimsFishing.com
http://ca.youtube.com/user/Sushihunter250

Not this year but last year, forgot to tie the scotsman onto the end of the poon rope, and opps, away she goes, thank god we ended up bringing the 104 pound hog back up 250ft and gaffing her. What a battle.

-steve

REALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYYY!!!!are you sure????

Wolf

Dont count on it!!!!If it does happen then things the boys did in Vic may have played into it just like her naming the guy up in CR to head the halibut commision at least its a start.

Wolf

Tides were good this morning. Right now (15:00) they suck (and windy)but will be another decent change this evening if it stops blowing.

Back