HALIBUT DERBY

wolf

Just wanted to let every one know right off as I have gotten some feed back from people for a second derby for this year I will NOT do it, I took it upon myself to do it last year but I am starting a new job and really do not have time but if someone wants to take it over all the power to you it is a lot of work and hastle I got a lot of flack from certain people thats why I dont want to, ill assist a little if needed if someone else does it.

I still have my spreadsheets from last year for entry fees and offical weights if someone is so inclined to to do it just contact me and ill give you the files

Good luck Wolf

Roy did a great job of puting things together last year and his efforts were appreciated. Thanks Roy.

Do you still have the official weight of both fish?? LOL!!

Let's see how much interest there is in a 2nd Annual Derby.

Maybe something less formal. Just an entry fee and a split pot?

Any input is appreciated.

Tips

Iam interested in a haly two derby! Any idea when, maybe sometime in April.:D

As far as I was concerned Roy you did a great job and I'd like to see the person or persons that conplained step up and do a derby!!

quote:
Maybe something less formal. Just an entry fee and a split pot?

Tips

I agree, just give out a 1st, 2nd and 3rd from the entry fee collected. The best prize is the BSing and beer swilling before and after the fishing part.

Roy hats off to you!! A derby takes a lot of time up.I am in to a nice and easy derby .It would be a lot of fun.[ cash is easy]

cheers Rick

Island Outiftters will be holding their 11th Annual Just for The Halibut Derby on the May 12-13th weekend this year.

Roy you did a fantastic job last year. Thanks for your work last year and offer for this year Kildonan. For the amount of time it takes I know Im also flat out and have to pass on any organizing this year. So time for some one else to step up to the plate. I would love to partake again as long as I am not on hat patrol. ;) LOL. I am outta here in AM just got back from 6 hour trip on the water to states today and headed off again by water tommorow this time for over 2 weeks. Seattle Boat Show Here We Come. Will be on the net from time to time. ;)

Cheers ME

Last year it was winner take all I think it was 280 dollars correct if I am wrong, But I do thank all of you that attended and from the people that have said thanks on here it does go a long way and I do thank you .

It would have to be in march the tides this year are terrible, march 11th isnt a bad day and maybe the 25th if the weigh in was 2 pm as the tide will be moving to fast past then, all the tides this year will be mostly mid week.

P.S thank you Kev,Graham,Bart,Jim,Jeff,Rick,Chris You ALL are class acts.

Good luck to you all wolf

Keep the input coming.

So far I am hearing that there is some interest and that a simple cash entry with first, second, third would be OK.
I count about 6 people or boats so far.
Yote I am sure you would make a donation... I mean entry to the pot?

We don't really need to book anything. Just pick a convenient pub to have a meet and greet and collect entries. We can have a weigh in at the dock and call it a day. Keep the investment low and it is just a fun day on the water with fellow fishermen (and woman if we're lucky)

It can be more of a "fish in" than a derby. The small cash pot just adds a little fun to things.

An early weigh in is also fine as far as I am concerned.
I have not looked at tides/ currents yet but later in March or early April sounds good. We want to see some fish caught.

Wolf would you fish it?

Tips

My boat would be in also.

Would be surprised if I couldn't drag down another team or two also (C.S.???Baddog???)

Everyone likes to smash some fryables now and then!!!

I'd help in any way I could from up here. And yeah, whoever was coughing up the grief last year should get a good gaff in the sack.

Amazing how the anonimity of the internet makes these dinks tough.

Have you ever seen Wolf?!?!?!?!HAHAHAHAHA

I would be into going out for some fun again, Im sure i could throw in some draw prizes again like last year. It was a great event and i also appreciate the hard work from Wolf, ME and many others. Just an easy fun excuse to go for some flatties.

I'm in again and I'm sure Rick and Chris will go.

Mad Dog and i will take this thing on ! Hali Derby 2 is on lets rock this B***h! The best hali derby the lower island has seen!
Im setting my long line now in hopes to weigh in a winniner!

I'm in if the derby is not between March 9-21. I'm busy during those dates. I enjoyed myself last year, enjoyed putting some faces to names at the pub. Thanks Wolf.
T2

I'm keen too- as long as no one is going to make fun of my pretty boy bow rider boat

Back